Hour By Hour

charley24

Silver Member
Has no One Done One Today ?
I can't find it !

Today I have had a bath and washed my hair (very exciting), I am going to go and wash my terribly dirty car inside and out (groan), an then make something up for hubby's tea - I have defrosted some chicken pieces, so I will go into the garden and see what's available in his plot !

Usually spring onions ! Our green beans are beginning and our raspberry bush has some fruit (yippeee) it's our first year of home grown, and it's quite exciting actually !!!!

We also have carrots, potatoes, strawberries, cherries, onions and garlic.

I am quite proud of his horticultural talents !

Also need to get 2.5 litres of water inside me without sunshine mix to see how the scales go !

Hope everyone having a fab day x

Last edited:
Good Luck today Charley! Have you tried iced tea? I love it this weather and it helps with the water! I put in a sweetner too along with a sprig of mint, and it really helps me, as I really dislike plain water too. :yuk:

Well today I plan on tidying round the flat and then getting 'to it' with my wii fitness coach. My exercise regime is has been few and far between lately, so I need to step up the mark. :party0019:

I just really wish that I had a friend in Bristol who would do some aqua fit classes with me and maybe some pilates. (Not been in Bristol long, so haven't really made any 'firm' friendships :( ) I'm one of these people who needs a hand to hold, before I'll dare step foot in a place like that! So for now, i'll continue to exercise at home!

Hope everyone has a great day. Keep glugging that water!!! ;)

Hugs x x x

Hi Emma, I am so far away, if I was nearer I would go with you, you always seem such a lovely person, your personality really comes out in your posts ! Always so helpful and inspiring !

I haven't tried iced tea, but I have tried the white tea which wasn't too bad, to be honest I was such a tea drinker - about 6 cups a day lots of milk and 2 or 3 sugars !!!!!!!! Sheesh !!!!

I was wondering about the coke zero, if I went for a drink, do many places serve it, I usually only see diet coke which is a no no !

I haven't been on my wii-fit since I began CD, but think I may start tonight, I am thinking step will be ok and yoga ? I know not to do the running as that may put on pounds !

I have only got the actual wii-fit game, is the wii-coach good??

Morning all!

I'd love a vegi garden, thing is my garden is the size of a bloddy postage stamp. it's not really going to happen unless we win the lotto and move to a bigger place.

Exercise? whats that swear word you talk of? I have done no exercise what so ever since I started CD although I do plan on going to the gym once I have gone up the plans....... we'll see.

hope everyone is doing ok and drowning in that H20

Got a meeting at 11 so I best get my skates on!

see you all soon. xxxx

Hi Emma, I am so far away, if I was nearer I would go with you, you always seem such a lovely person, your personality really comes out in your posts ! Always so helpful and inspiring !

I haven't tried iced tea, but I have tried the white tea which wasn't too bad, to be honest I was such a tea drinker - about 6 cups a day lots of milk and 2 or 3 sugars !!!!!!!! Sheesh !!!!

I was wondering about the coke zero, if I went for a drink, do many places serve it, I usually only see diet coke which is a no no !

I haven't been on my wii-fit since I began CD, but think I may start tonight, I am thinking step will be ok and yoga ? I know not to do the running as that may put on pounds !

I have only got the actual wii-fit game, is the wii-coach good??

I haven't ever been able to get coke zero out in pubs or anything, no :( But I usually carry around the juice mix, order a sparkling water and just add it in! lol

I like the wii fitness coach yeah - it's cheap too on Amazon! It also shows your progress on a chart, which is great and you put in your measurements and they are put onto a chart too.

I like milky tea and coffee too. I have cracked it though! It sounds revolting, but it does work. I mix 1/2 vanilla shake and use that as a substitute to milk. As it's sweet there is no need to add any sweetner (having said that I only have 1 sweetner normally anyway in tea) so you may have to add a sweetner too. But do try it! It certainly works for me!

I have posted before to see if anyone was in my area and would be up for meeting and doing fitness classes, but it doesn't seem that there is anyone on here from my area :cry: But I keep my eyes peeled for newbies!!! :p

Hugs x x x

Hi Miss Scoffalot !
You just need a big pot to start growing anything !!!
Spring Onions are easy and I add thm to most meals, pasta, chicken dishes, rice etc and the family loves them. We only had a small garden previously so had pots around with various fruit and veg. Our plot isn't huge but it is actully quite nice popping into the garden rather than Morrison's - you should give it a try, some seeds, compost and a pot, add water - viola !

Sorry for swearing and saying exersize !!! I think I might start trying to slim down these bingo wings !!!!!

Hi Emma, it can be hard making new friends, I only moved 5 miles away to a little village but now I appear to be 'in the arse-end-of-someones elbow' as someone said, I don't get many visitors !

At least we have our CD Posts ! I might purchase the fitness coach as it would be nice to have some variety !

I think I may go on the wii fit today, the boxing advance gets me sweating, thats is my 3 yr old lets me, he's the boss, he thinks!!
2 pints of water down and a porridge for brekkie.
How do you make iced t Emma, I love it!

The ice tea I make is with 'Clipper white tea' (In a pearly green box - available in most supermarkets) I use it because I find normal tea far too bitter.

I use 2 tea bags, add 2 sweetners and about 3 sprigs of fresh mint and pour boiling water into the jug, give it a stir, then leave for about 20 mins. I then remove the tea bags, and wait for it to cool. (Takes about an hour) Once it is cool I put it in the fridge after removing the mint. I then help myself throughout the day! It's yummy!:D:D:D

Hugs x x x

Will definatelt try that, water is all \I ever drink.
Will look out for it when I next visit supermarket, thanks xx

You can also do it with green tea - that's lovely with mint in it too.

It's just a case of experimenting! lol I seem to have so much spare time now that I don't cook!!! So I experiment with water, tea and coffee lol

I don't have very many friends where I now live either, they're all still in London, I've been back here since January. And the friends I'm making are at uni, over an hour away. And the friend who would come to all that stuff with me lives just over an hour away in Wales! If I lived closer Emma I'd definitely come with you! No-one seems to be interested. But then again, with my car being out of action, I can't get to anything anyway!

Moti - yeah I know what you mean, my kids want to go on the wii the minute I do, when they had been perfectly occupied with something else 5 minutes ago !

Caroline, and Emma, what a shame we weren't nearer to one another, sounds like we could all do with some new friends !

I have a best friend, I love her very much but she has slight OCD and has to control everything. We have been friends for 18 years so I can handle it mostly.

Take diet, she is ideal weight (9 stone and about 5.4), she wears an 8 - 10, but complains to me all the time about her weight. She will say (when she isn't making good choices) oh go on a little won't hurt, it's only a few pounds, but she fails to realise that she fluctuates between 2 - 4 pounds only, and has no idea what it is like to be 3/4 stones overweight or 6 as I used to be.

She has a lovely figure to me ! Can't wait to borrow her clothes !

Last edited:
Hi all!

raining and thundery here just now, glad we got out earlier to butchers to order burgers for bbq on Sun, fingers crossed for a nice day then!

Water going down well with me today and only had 1/2 a tetra so far and not feeling too bad. Might go for a swim this evening, havent been since Oct so better see that my costume fits before going!

hope you all have good days.

I've had white fish or chicken at BBQ's - don't like missing out!

My sister's having a BBQ for my niece's birthday on the 21st. I can have a piece of chicken, and salad, but that's it! Last time we had a family BBQ my family were great actually. I was about 2 weeks in to CD and every time I looked at something too long or was like oooh they would be like no, it's not worth it, or no it's not that nice anyway, or just move it away from me. Or in the case of the last burger my eldest nephew who is coming up 18 picked it up and was like no no no, you don't want the fat and calories in this, i'll have them for you and quickly ate it! It was something that actually really made me realise my family are pretty supportive when it comes to it, and we're fairly close, but like the mafia, dysfunctional, argue with each other, but always got each others backs. Ha!

Not a thing as passed my lips that I shuldn't have even though we went away in our caravan last week and DH had a BBQ every evening. thing is I could murder some chicken if I'm truly honest but it would be fatal if I allowed myself some now as I would want it all the time.

I don't know how you guys do it having a bit of food then going back to SS. Determination must be it!

Back