How can I get back on track?

sportylass

Hi everyone. Had a great first 8 weeks on plan (do it on my own at home) and nearly lost 1 & 1/2 stone. However, had 2 weeks holiday leave from work and ended up taking a 'holiday' from plan and now I'm really struggling to get back on plan. Although I STS after the 2 weeks, I STS this week too as I will have 1 or 2 good days, then go a few syns over, then can't reign myself in again. Any tips to help me get back in the zone? Feel so bad for wasting 3 weeks!

Congratulations for your hard work and effort in losing 1 1/2 stone in 8 weeks that's an awesome amount! :) The only thing I can say to you is to think positively. You don't want to put that back on and dig deep because you CAN do it. You WILL do it because you WANT to do it. Take each day as it comes and until you get back into the swing of things to ONLY think of that day. No forward planning thinking, "Oh it's the girls night out a week on friday I will wait till after then as I am bound to go off plan" etc. Start tomorrow (today!) and try really hard. YOU CAN DO THIS!!! ((((HUGS)))) xoxox

Thanks so much for that really positive post 'vegan*4*life'. I really like the idea of just focussing on one day at a time and getting through that. I know I can do this and am so desperate to not sabotage my efforts and get the other 20 lbs off! I know that once I get that first loss again and get that high of feeling in control and that I can lose the weight that will help me. Feeling more positive today, so here's to a 100% for Saturday! Thanks again by the way x

I really feel for you - but you can seriously do this. My dieting friend gave me some good advice. She has been dieting for two years and lost nearly 6 stone - compared to my constant yo-yo ing. She has had a break from the diet about 6 times - but where she differs from me, is that I beat myself up and say I have failed, whereas she says she has succeeded and having the break is really not a big deal, definitely not the end of the world - it is that attitude that has kept her on the diet. I know it's hard, but don't beat yourself up. Just think if you were able to do it for 8 weeks, you can certainly do it again. Is there anything fun you can do to lift your mood which would up your motivation and make you more determined? Pampering yourself and then looking over all those clothes you are going to fit into? Getting dressed up and going out to the shops to see what you will SOON be wearing? All the very best - I look foward to an update. xxx

Hey Sprinkles. That's great advice. Think I need to keep the big picture in mind and focus more on the positives, not the negatives. It's only been a few weeks and I know that I can do it. I just have to keep focussed on that. Thanks for the advice and will keejyou all updated xl

Definitely. You are doing brilliantly. These forums seem absolutely full of people encouraging one another along - and the best thing is that everyone knows how you feel. Keep up the good work :)

Hey guys. Just to let you know that I have had my weigh in at home today.... and have lost 3 lbs! Over the moon to get back on track and feeling much more positive about achieving my goal. Thanks for the support guys, it really helped me!!

maybe focus on smaller targets rather than the actual figure ul find there easier to achieve and it'll motivate you more at the same time x

Back