How can I incorporate the Wow Factor...

SilverSilph

Silver Member
...into a roast turkey dinner for friends. I really want to impress them with the variety of things we can do with our limited ingredients!

starter - ?
Main - roast turkey(how), Brussels sprouts with T bacon, bns, cauliflower?
Dessert - stewed rhubarb and ginger and with frozen yogurt...

Any ideas? I've to put it together by tomorrow evening...im normally much better prepared :(

I would go for a seafood platter for starters - because that's my fave. Smoked salmon, prawns, mackerel etc...

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Seafood was my thought too: Maybe Salmon rolls: season quark really well (including pepper, dill and a bit of lemon), spread thickly onto smoked salmon, roll up and cut into slices or serve as parcels? Serve with a cucumber salad. Or a warm starter: mini dukan quiches (egg & milk & fromfrais mix), put red peppers and ham in it, bake in mini muffin cases.

Here are a few ideas - if you don't read French (sorry!), use the pictures for inspiration!

Quiche aux poireaux et poulet, recette Dukan PL par nanou5913 - Recettes et forum Dukan pour le Régime Dukan

Quiche sans pâte aux fanes de radis et viande de grisons, recette Dukan PL par ktia - Recettes et forum Dukan pour le Régime Dukan

Mille feuilles de saumon-courgettes, recette Dukan PL par Wabh - Recettes et forum Dukan pour le Régime Dukan

Roulé au saumon, recette Dukan PP par agnesbibiche - Recettes et forum Dukan pour le Régime Dukan

Roulé épinard/saumon fumé, recette Dukan PL par Natell - Recettes et forum Dukan pour le Régime Dukan

Last edited:
I love the ready to eat smoked fish strips with Dukan Maya Dressing, rocket and tomato - can be made to look really pretty on the plate. Or tuna with finely chopped tomato, quark, maya dressing made into a pate with dukan bread and micro salad ! Dukan Prawn cocktail with quark, paprika and tomato sauce??? Not tried it but might be nice? x

Don't know if will work but if you are roasting the turkey, you could put some thyme and/or lemon zest in some quark, then push it just under the breast skin. It's a bit fiddly, and normally ( ie pre Dukan!) I would do that with butter to keep the breast meat moist. Roast turkey can be a bit dry otherwise. Or you could just roast it normally cos you won't be having the skin even if your friends are. I quite like thyme, lemon or tarragon with turkey.
Have you had a look through the recipe section? Let us know how you got on!

I had a look on mydukandiet.com for turkey recipes. I found a very basic christmas one. Get salt, pepper, thyme, sage and cumin (I didn't use the cumin) mix with a teeny tiny bit of oil and rub onto the turkey. It said to roast in a shallow pan with shallots but I had turkey bags so I put it into one of those with 2 v large shallots, halved. It was to be cooked at 325F for 2.5hrs. To save some time, as we were to be arriving in out friends at 7, I cooked it for a half hour in my oven, took it out and it rested for about 40-60mins and then back into the oven for the remaining 2 hrs.
It worked very well :D the turkey wasn't dry and everyone really like it. Even asked how I had prepped it :)
The BNS and sprouts turned out well and so did the rhubarb and frozen yogurt. One of my friends had never had rhubarb before! And other had only had it in tarts....insanity!

All in all a good night. And my friends new pup is gorgeous! He's a german shepherd/border terrier cross. Very intelligent lil lad :)

Back