How can I stop this diet getting boring.

Discussion in 'Very Low Calorie Diets' started by 5stone2lose, 27 July 2006 Social URL.

1. 5stone2lose

5stone2lose Starting again...

Start Weight:
    16st12lb
    Current Weight:
    16st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(4.66%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge diet 810 plan
    I've been on lighterlife 2 weeks and Im bored already. Its the begining of week 3 today and I had a depression session over some veg soup.

I only like choch and vanilla shakes and veg soup which is a bit boring.

Ive been trying all the other flavours and can just bout stomach caramel.

Do you mix them about or have the same things at the same time everyday.?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Flopster

Flopster Got a life thank you!

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    I usually start the day by adding coffee to either vanilla or caramel and having a thick hot drink.

For "lunch" I tend to have a soup.

At "dinner time" I usually make a pack of soups up into some crisps.

Then my treat in an evening is a bowl of ice cream - loads of ice in a bowl mixed with one of the milkshakes and a tiny drop of water. I usually add a tea spoon of melted coffee granuals to the vanilla shake which makes a lovely coffee ice cream.

As an alternative, I make a chocolate, caramel or strawberry mouse by adding a bit of water to a pack and eating it with a spoon. The chocolate packs actually taste like cake mix if only mixed with a bit of water, quite sweet and gooey!

I don't always have that routine but I find that it takes away some of the boredom!

4. sugarplum

sugarplum Regular Member

I made some crisps from a chicken soup once and they were quite nice once I got them off the grease proof paper (they kept sticking to it).

I tried making an icecream with a shake and ice once but it didn't turn out very well. I did it in a smoothie maker but there was still great lumps of ice in it. All in all they were both a bit of a disaster so I never bothered again.

How did you do it?

5. canireallydothis!!

canireallydothis!! Gold Member

Diet:
    Cambridge!
    crisps??

How do you make crisps??

6. Flopster

Flopster Got a life thank you!

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    Put a drop of water in the bottom of a bowl, add a soup and mix to a thick(ish) paste - add a drop more water if needed.

Use a tea spoon to put dollops of mix on a big plate covered in baking parchment and then spread thinly using the back of a spoon into a crisp shape.

Set your microwave for 50 seconds and microwave on full blast.

Open the microwave door and allow the "crisps" to settle for a minute, then microwave for another 40-60 seconds depending on the microwave. Keep your eye on them, for me one minute 50 secs is perfect but it isn't for everyone.

Turn them out onto a cold plate, allow to cool for a minute or so and then eat whilst the next lot are cooking (I never do more than four or five crisps on a plate).

7. jfc

jfc Full Member

does cooking them not diminish some of the nutrients though?

8. chicken on a mission

chicken on a mission Restarting to lose 4stone

Diet:
    LighterLife then CD
    LL recommend only cooking one pack a day for this reason.

9. icemoose

icemoose The Diet Guy

Diet:
    Don't diet anymore!
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.