How can i survive a weekend away.

alexisemma31

I'm going to Edinburgh Friday till Sunday. I would appreciate any tips to help me stay on track. I'm staying in a hotel and i don't want to spoil all my hard work!!!

Just use your common sense. Contact the hotel to find out what they provide for breakfast first - I was away for the weekend and the hotel had melon, weetabix, eggs, tomatoes,omelettes, wholemeal bread, beans etc. Dont be afraid to ask for things to be cooked for you without oil.

Lunch could be subway salad or jacket potato with beans and dinner you could go to wetherpoons, pizza express, harvester etc

You know the things that are high in syn so just make sensible choices when you eat out and take some SW supplies with you eg alpen lights, mugshots, couscous. We have supermarkets in Edinburgh too lol so you can buy fruit and yoghurts as you need them. Where are you staying?

Hi, thanks for your reply. I am really excited, I've never been to Edinburgh before! We're staying at the Dakota hotel in South Queensferry

Have a lovely time!!!
We went to Blackpool last month and I found it impossible to find sw friendly food. As it was a weekend, the pubs were full of people drinking so I couldn't go have a baked potato. I eventually had a really small portion of mushy peas, chips and fish but removed the fish batter. Then I gave in and had a gorgeous chinese meal at a resturant. The morning I had as much sw friendly stuff as I could at the hotel. I didn't give in to the orange juice, fried sausages, etc. As I knew I was going, I had no syns apart from that weekend.
It worked for me as I lost 3 or 4lb that week. Walking around helped I bet too.

At breakfast the fried eggs are only 0.5 Syns each - so from the breakfast buffet you could have 2 slices wholemeal toast, 2 fried eggs, a big piles of baked beans, and any grilled veggies (tomato/mushroom) if available - all for a HEB and 1 Syn! :) And of course all the fresh fruit you can eat for your second course (as it's rude not to have at least 2 courses for breakfast when it's a buffet ;) )

Thanks everyone for some fab suggestions.

I must apologise though, I seriously think I'm losing the plot (it must be the sugar withdrawal) - I completely forgot I had posted this and posted another thread on the 'eating out' sub-forum this morning. So I'm sorry for those who may have seen me post the same thing twice!

If all else fails, don't beat yourself up about it. Just enjoy yourself and know you can get back on track when you return, with the huge support of this amazing group. x

Back