how can we change texture of cd?

lynjo

a friend has recently started cd and cannot stand the texture of the sachets, its so bad for her that she was sick each time. i suggested adding ice and then blending as thats how i get through. I have also sugessted that maybe it will just take time for her to get used to it but being sick and not eating will take its toll we think.
Any other ideas from anyone would be greatflly appreciated

Thanks in advance

Lynjo

What about the Mix a Mousse? would that help her a bit?

When I first started on LL I can remember feeling really sick with the thought of stomaching another shake. Now I'm on CD790 I tend to stick to tetras and bars for 2 of my meals a day now and only one pack.

Kitty xxx

I was like that at first then tried adding more water. I use about 400 ml per sachet rather than the amount it says is the minimum on the packet. Has she tried that?

Hi guys, thanks for the quick replies.

she puts in 14fl oz of water already and did start off with the 8fl oz and worked her way up.
hadnt thought of mix a mousse, good idea. ty.
with the tetras can you add water to them to make more of it?
also do you think it would be bad if she could ask to start on bars as this is seeming to be a problem with the sachets? surely starting with the bars is better than sabotaging the diet all together before she has even started!

ty

lynjo

If she's in ketosis then I reckon subsituting one of the packs for a bar will help then if she got a tetra and made it into a coffee or something with extra hot water she'd only have one left to stomach a day :)
If she doesn't mind the mix a mousse then she'll be sorted :)

I find the muffins ok too - esp the toffee and walnut ones :)

HTH
Kitty xxx

Would definitely recommend her using the tetras rather than moving to the bars early. Also, as previously suggested, the mix-a-mousse can make a nice change as well.

I never have the sachets as shakes, they are far too powdery. I prefer to make the sachets into muffins, have the tetras or make them in to hot chocolate .... watered down a tetra makes 2 cups of hot choc.
I had the bars from day 1 and they never made any difference to my weight loss ... it was just a case of what gets you through, rather than breaking the diet!

Back