How can we increase ketosis?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by This time its forever, 7 September 2011 Social URL.

1. This time its forever

This time its forever Full Member

Start Weight:
    136kg
    Current Weight:
    69kg
    Goal Weight:
    70kg
    Lost(%):
    67kg(49.27%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hi friends,

After a ketostix test my CDC told me that according to the colour I was burning 40% of my fat. Does anyone know what can be done to inrease ketosis, she said there is a 60% level too and I want to get there! :D
    Thanks

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. jfryyyy

jfryyyy Full Member

Start Weight:
    26st11lb
    Current Weight:
    15st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st0lb
    Lost(%):
    10st13lb(40.8%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Only thing I can think of would be to do more exercise!

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

4. Eclipse

Eclipse Gold Member

To be quite honest I don't know what your CDC is on about. You cannot tell from your ketostix how much fat you are burning, just how concentrated the ketones are. The darker the stick, the more concentrated and you may need to drink more water, but apart from that there is no accurate way to measure on the sticks exactly how much fat you are burning as a percentage x

5. girlygirl1

girlygirl1 Banned

That's what I was thinking, Cheryl! You can't tell from the stix.

6. Vally12

Vally12 Member

Start Weight:
    0st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    0st10lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hi

Does anyone know the best time of day to check for ketosis or doesn't it matter?

Thanks

7. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    What a strange thing for her to say :confused: it doesnt really matter how 'in ketosis' you are so long as youre there.

8. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Dont get into the habit of checking its totally pointless, for one thing the sticks are so unreliable and besides if you stick to the packs youll be in ketosis. Once your in it you dont pop in and out it on a daily basis.

9. Vally12

Vally12 Member

Start Weight:
    0st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    0st10lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Ok thanks for that. I think I will forget about buying the sticks altogether and just focus on my weigh ins and keeping to the diet day by day

X

10. spangles

spangles Bouncy Castle

Start Weight:
    19st4lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    6st12.5lb(35.74%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Honestly - this CDC is talking utter rubbish. And as someone in a position of authority by dint of her presumed superior knowledge, I think that's pretty out of order.

Either she's invented the 40% nonsense by herself, or she's been paying attention to uniformed blether on the internet. Grr. It doesn't even make sense. 40% of what? Of your total fat? Of your potential at any given point? 40% of your urine is ketones? (eek! - that'd be alarming...) It doesn't even show a basic understanding of how the sticks work. I mean, dilution levels is primary school science, right?

(sorry for the rant - bad science from people whose business it is to know better gets right up my bum!)

11. This time its forever

This time its forever Full Member

Start Weight:
    136kg
    Current Weight:
    69kg
    Goal Weight:
    70kg
    Lost(%):
    67kg(49.27%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    All I can say is thank go for this forum, its more accurate!

Apparently my aim is go to 60%, of what I dont know! I was on such a high after my first weigh in that I didnt even think to ask!

When I go on Monday I am going to get a more scientific reply, but to be honest, as long as I am losing weight I couldnt care less about ketosis!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.