Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

how can you loose inches but not lb

Discussion in 'Atkins Diet' started by collo-collo, 24 May 2010 Social URL.

1. collo-collo

collo-collo Kewl as a penguins hoop!!

as the title suggests, how can you looses inches around your waist etc but not looses weight - is this muscle from excercise?
    just curious to be honest

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Jim

Jim Big Boy

Start Weight:
    25st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st1lb
    Lost(%):
    11st13lb(47.71%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    I'm not sure mate, but it's a fact. A lot of the time we are replacing lost fat with water, I'm guessing water takes up less space than fat.

4. collo-collo

collo-collo Kewl as a penguins hoop!!

ahhhh, that makes sense. i have a fairly physical job, but im not doing any excercise, yeah i know i should but hey lol. jus wondered if id lose inches still

5. StephCracknell

StephCracknell Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.2%)
    Diet:
    WW Pro points
    It definitely happens, I go for weeks with no loss, but then try on a pair of trousers that is then loose on me, odd but good at the same time LOL

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.