HOW DID I DO THAT?

Gosh, you are serious about getting this weight off aren't you booking surgery in the Christmas break - good for you and I wish you all the luck in the world with it.

Have a wonderfully, milky Christmas!

Gosh, you are serious about getting this weight off aren't you booking surgery in the Christmas break - good for you and I wish you all the luck in the world with it.

Have a wonderfully, milky Christmas!

Thank you! Good look with your weight watching too. I think Christmas is just such a hard time isn't it? I used to always spend the first three months of the year shedding my Christmas gain - but not this time!

I am still a WW member so I think I may go for a ceremonially weigh in next week as I am losing loads on this milk mallarkey! I will also say a silent farewell to WW as I have been going on and off for about 30 years (and steadily gaining weight I might add!!) but hopefully I will now be in full control of my weight and won't need their support. (Note I say 'hopefully')

I have seen a lot of people on here refer to W8 - hadn't heard of it before but off to explore on tinternet .......................

MILK RULES OK!!

:bliss:

Its just another VLCD very similar to CD or LL - but you can do it online without the counselling and you can have packs that are more "food" like.

I found it really easy - but then its not everyone's thing.

Does the band stay on for life then? I am so ignorant on these things.

Hope the weigh in is spectacular xx

Its just another VLCD very similar to CD or LL - but you can do it online without the counselling and you can have packs that are more "food" like.

I found it really easy - but then its not everyone's thing.

Does the band stay on for life then? I am so ignorant on these things.

Hope the weigh in is spectacular xx

The band does stay in for life but I have opted for the bypass surgery. When I first started looking at this as an option I thought the bypass was really drastic and only for people who weighed 50 stones etc and even before I had my consultation I was convinced I wanted a band. However on hearing all the facts and figures hubby and I agreed the bypass was a better solution to my problems. It's not the huge, difficult, risky operation that it used to be as it's mostly done by keyhole surgery and the op is not that much longer than the band op. I know it SOUNDS drastic but honestly it's a lot more straight forward than you think and can be a lot safer than the yo yo dieting I have done for years!!

:eatdrink023:

What does a bypass involve then? I'm sure its all perfectly safe and successful. Just wondering really - mrs nosey, that's me.

Just cut and pasted this bit from my surgeon's blurb and a bit from wiki too. I used to think it meant all your food just went straight thro you - complete with all unpleasant side effects - but not like that at all!

gastric bypass is the most common form of bariatric surgery and a highly effective weight loss surgery procedure.

Through a gastric bypass, food will bypass the stomach and some of the intestine, meaning that less food is required to satisfy your appetite and fewer calories are absorbed.

It is similar to gastric band surgery in that it creates a small pouch in the stomach, which is attached to part of the small intestine.

This dual weight reducing effect means that - when combined with a supervised diet, increased exercise and behaviour modification - gastric bypass surgery could be the most-effective method of long-term weight loss.

Essential features

The gastric bypass procedure consists in essence of:
Creation of a small, (15–30 mL/1–2 tbsp) thumb-sized pouch from the upper stomach, accompanied by bypass of the remaining stomach (about 400 mL and variable). This restricts the volume of food which can be eaten. The stomach may simply be partitioned (typically by the use of surgical staples), or it may be totally divided into two parts (also with staplers). Total division is usually advocated, to reduce the possibility that the two parts of the stomach will heal back together ("fistulize"), negating the operation.
Re-construction of the GI tract to enable drainage of both segments of the stomach. The technique of this reconstruction produces several variants of the operation, which differ in the lengths of small bowel used, the degree to which food absorption is affected, and the likelihood of adverse nutritional effects.

Thanks
Am having it done at the Alex in Cheadle with Mr Ammori
xx

So why are you having surgery if you dont mind me asking - i mean you must really be having a tough time of dieting if your going for surgery.

Tell me to sod off if i am overstepping my bounderies here, im just genuinly curious.

No not at all!
Firstly, surgery isn't the huge drastic operation it used to be these days. It is a relatively quick keyhole procedure which doctors are viewing more and more as a cost effective, more permanent way to manage morbidly obese patients (like me!)

I have spent all my life being ruled by my weight and have steadily gained about 7 or 8 stone since I got married in 1995. It has got increasingly difficult to lose weight and keep it off as I've got older and I have also started to really worry about the ill effects on my heaslth.

I'm 50 next year and one day I just woke up and thought sod it - I am going to sort this once and for all! We have booked a big safari holiday for next summer and there is no way i am going on that weighing 20 stone having spent so much money!!

I only decided very recently to do this and have been really inspired by peoples stories on here and how they have got their lives back.

So thats' kinda me in a nutshell!!

xx

Thanks for posting that, Grom. Satisfies my curiosity.

Sounds like you have given it a lot of thought and the incentive of your safari holiday is a really powerful motivator.

Good luck on it all.

Is the milk driving you mad yet??

Hi there
yesterday was probably the worse yet as I think I over did things a bit rushing round cleaning and things so was a bit light headed, but apart from that I can honestly say it hasn't been too bad! The weight is visibly dropping off so thats' a great motivator. I have lost about 12 pounds so far! Only 5 more days to get thro (well ok one of them happens to be Christmas Day .....)
Keep smilin

xx

Back