How did we all get here???

Minnie Me

Well my story is..... I was always around 11 stone (I used to think I was heavy then lol!!!) I moved in with my other half, got married and had 3 babies :) Somewhere along the road .....6 years passed and I forgot about me, I ate the same amount as hubby, he plays sport but I stopped even going for walks... I was always too tired or there was something better on tv.. I never made much effort after my pregnancies to lose the weight, I might lose a stone but then put it straight back up again. When I started lipotrim 3 wks ago I weighed in at 15 stone 2 lbs, I nearly died:cry:but now I feel like I am in control again and I'm very focused, I will never be that weight again. NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS SLIM FEELS :D
Would love to hear everyone else's story!

Isnt it just amazing, here's a little bit of my big story. When I was 23 I met and fell in love with a wonderfull man, who also loved his food as much as I, two years later we married and I fell pregnant with my first, during this pregnancy I gained 6 stone and never managed to shift it, diet after diet and each time fail. 6 years later I lost 2 stone and fell pregnant and had a beautiful little girl, amazingly 3 weeks after her birth I found lipotrim and lost 5 stone in 9 weeks ane managed to keep it all off for nearly 2 years until I decided to get.pregnant again, and would u believe I put on 6 stone again on this pregnancy, its now nearly 4 years since and still morbidly obese, I have found the strength now and I'm starting Lipo again on Saturday, my baby is now three anits the first time I feel I can do it again. I am so happy to find this forum, hopefully it.will be a great support...

Hi guys,

Loved hearing your stories ... I have no good excuse here ... Just plain enjoying life for the initial weight gain!

... 6 years ago I met my now hubby2B and we loved eating out ... Takes aways .. And bottles of wine like they were going out of fashion! After finishing school I gave up all exercise, got a car and started college this all equaled 5stone weight gain! Eek and I didn't really notice till 4 1/2 up I was getting bigger! Crazy cause when I was a size 8/10 teenager I always thought I was chunky! But when I was huge mental gymnastics stopped me from noticing!

Well when I realised the weight gain in May 2008 I joined WW and in 9 months I had shifted 4 stone, through tones of exercise and being very strict!

The real world however joined me in 2009 as I got an office job, starting at 7 am commuting an hour a day so 6 am starts! All the lazy ways came back ... Toast for brekki ... Unhealthy canteen lunches and worst of worst takeaways on the road home as we convinced our self each we didn't have time cook! and then complete cough potato set in!

Anyway it has taken me till now to get my life back in perspective, no life changing cause or excuse .. But the decision has been mare now ... I'm fixing it chub for me so I can feel good again!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I used to be really slim, never ever had a problem with my weight. Until like everyone else, met their other half! He plays rugby and eats like a horse, so of course my portions got bigger and bigger and I got bigger and bigger. Here I am at 17st 4 with 7st 4 to lose and I really don't know how I got here. Burying my head in the sand thats what

Like many other here, my problem started with marriage and pregnancies with the combined affect of under active thyroid. I used to be slim hovering around 8 st 10 Ibs.
I remained at 11 st for a long time after my first child, I considered myself fat even then and longed to go back to 9 stone mark. It wasn't to be, the weight simply crept up over the years, this was not for want of trying, I joined Slimming World, Weight Watchers but didn't get very far.
Just before I started LT, I was nearing 15 stone mark, for the first time in years, Lipotrim is working, it's like a miracle pill for me.
I get the feeling the fat person in me is departing soon if that makes sense.:wave_cry:

Last edited:
Yeah I am much the same :cry:

Got pregnant in 2003 and had a very stressful pregnancy so comfort ate to extreme (12 packets of biscuits in one sitting) :eek: Then when I had my little boy like most I got post natal depression and again turned to the food. I started at a size 14 and ballooned to size 20 within 4 years.
A series of events then just pushed me to my limit and my willpower vanished.
My son was diagnosed with Autism, ADHD and dyspraxia which was so hard to take in and you spend ages blaming yourself. We had my grandad pass away in 2007 then 4 weeks later my mum died aged 50 that was a massive blow to me and once again food and alcohol was my comfort. As if things couldn't get worse we came back from my mothers funeral to find my mother in law in hospital with a brain tumour :cry: after many test unfortunately they gave her 12 months to live,She died 14 months later. As you can imagine our family was distraught but they we had another blow only 6 months after my mother in law my partners grandad passed away it was just too much to take in at the time within 18 months we had lost 2 mums and 2 grandads :cry:
I've been on a few diets but find it hard when the going gets tough not to head to the fridge so this is why this plan is fantastic for me as I pick and binge (as the saying goes "little pickers wear bigger knickers " )
I'm in a much more positive place now and have a very loving family, My little boy is 8 and is at a main stream school he's has made friends and even got a head teachers commendation for his outstanding work. My husband is fantastic,very supportive and even though "loves me for who I am" he can see I am not happy and supports me 100% As for my friends I have a fantastic circle of friends that tbh they helped me through the darkest times over the last 4 years. So I sit here a size 24/26 with a positive mind and a goal to reach, which I WILL actually WE ALL WILL reach our goals !!
Sorry for the waffling :p

Good luck ladies we WILL be slim!!!

Much love and hugs xxxx

It is interesting to read others stories.
Before I had my gall bladder removed I could eat what I wanted and was always around the 9ish mark. Was told to stop eating fatty foods cause of no gall bladder, I didn't take any notice and slowly it crept up to 10 but was conscious of it. To have our children we had Ivf (lucky it worked each time). So this time round I knew I was going to use the last frozen embryos so had one hell of a party cause each pregnancy I have suffered with severe morning sickness for the whole 9 months. When I had the baby in Dec, I had so missed food so had one hell of a party until recently. Tiredness etc had a part to play, chocolate bars and coke for a pick me up, taytoes and more chocolate bars in the evening plus all my lovely food. My biggest downfall is dinners. I love buttered potatoe (and thats full fat butter). So I've ended up here with a starting weight of 13 st 6. Now I am currently 11 6 and still 2 more stone to go. When I was slim I often wondered how people let themselves get so big, surely they can see it on the scales and feel it in their clothes. Now I'm here and i'm still trying to figure out how I allowed myself to become so over weight and miserable. Why did I not notice. Anyways thats my story, fatty foods and one hell of a party.

Hi Girls,

I just want to empathise with Susieuk, thank you for sharing your story with us. It is great that you have a supportive network around you, it is so important. What is your little boys name? He must have worked extremely hard and really pushed himself and gone out of his comfort zone to achieve his reward. You must be so proud of him, and of course yourself. After all that going on you still have the time to look after an autistic ADHD child?
That deserves one hell of a reward!
My son in ADHD, ODD and shows signs of dyspraxia. It is really trying at times but they certainly keep you on your toes. You owe it to yourself to get where you want to be, we all owe it to ourselves. We deserve this!!
If you were close to me I would give you a makeover to make you feel better!!!

Aww Thank you so much emmam30, such a kind words :hug99: xx

My little boy is Ryan and every day I burst with pride. He's a fantastic little thing and doesn't let anything get to him.
Tbh he struggles more with the Dyspraxia as he falls over so much and at PE times he sometimes cannot participate because he's a "health and safety" risk but he just carries on. He's a true inspiration. They do defiantly keep you on your toes!

I am extremely lucky really because all my friends work within the care sector so they are very patient with me cancelling nights out at the last minute etc because Ry has got very stressed. They all love him so much and for a child on the Autism spectrum he shows a lot of love as well.

By the sounds of things you deserve an award too ADHD and ODD can be very hard to live with. We do defiantly deserve this

xxx

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing your stories. We are all stuck in this together now and we will get there. Picture yourself at a christmas party in a fab new dress :) we will all succeed and be much happier in our lives at the end of this journey xxx

Yeah I am much the same :cry:

I've been on a few diets but find it hard when the going gets tough not to head to the fridge so this is why this plan is fantastic for me as I pick and binge (as the saying goes "little pickers wear bigger knickers " )
I'm in a much more positive place now and have a very loving family, My little boy is 8 and is at a main stream school he's has made friends and even got a head teachers commendation for his outstanding work. My husband is fantastic,very supportive and even though "loves me for who I am" he can see I am not happy and supports me 100% As for my friends I have a fantastic circle of friends that tbh they helped me through the darkest times over the last 4 years. So I sit here a size 24/26 with a positive mind and a goal to reach, which I WILL actually WE ALL WILL reach our goals !!
Sorry for the waffling :p

Good luck ladies we WILL be slim!!!

Much love and hugs xxxx

I am sorry for the tough years, the fact that you came through at all says something.
This is the best diet and it does work if you stay 100% and drink plenty of water. The first few weeks are the worst but then it becomes easier. Just stay with it, we are here to support and eccourage you. Take care honey:D

When I was slim I often wondered how people let themselves get so big, surely they can see it on the scales and feel it in their clothes. Now I'm here and i'm still trying to figure out how I allowed myself to become so over weight and miserable. Why did I not notice.

That sounds like me as well. I couldn't understand why people were fat because I could eat everything, from fresh cream cakes to butter laden jacket potatoes without putting any weight. Then came along my lovely children everything changed, I would eat their left overs as I didn't like the idea of wasting food. Look what happened:D

These stories are so inspiring , to be honest I have always felt as if I was on my own but reading all your stories we have all experienced similar roads to travel. I got pregnant at 19 (was 10stone then) then had my 2nd child at 22 but managed to stay around same weight. Hot married at 23 and 4 months into marriage we both realised we only got married for the kids. Separated at 25 and i went into serious depression with 2 kids to bring up on my own. I thank God every day for my 2 precious kids (they are now 15 and 13) as only for them I shudder to think what I would have done. I comfort ate in the most disgusting way and balloonned to a super morbidly obese 18 stone !! Of course no man looked at me at this weight . Then at Christmas 2008 I met my current boyfriend and he loved me for who I was inside. Took me a long time to love myself but with his support and love I got there. Did Lipotrim last year and got down to 15st then took a break from it - have managed to maintain it and am now back to lose the rest. The best part is my gorgeous man tells me all the time he loves me the way I am which in a weird way spurs me on as I am under no pressure to lose weight for anyone else but me!!!! Thanks for sharing all your stories - I have a smile on my face today because of all of you x x x x x

I started on 20th September and finished the week before Christmas so that was exactly 3 months. I then joined slimming world to keep me eating healthily but yo yo'd for 6 months - lost 1stone but crept back up so i said "feck this" and started Lipotrim again and have 20lbs off in 3 weeks. This diet works and if u do your refeed properly and eat sensibly then u will keep it off. How are you getting on ????

Last edited:
Wow, it is so inspiring to hear all your stories. My weight problem has kept me in isolation and near refusal to talk, I feel now using this forum I can get the support I need to finally reach my goal. I thought I would be feeling so much worse knowing tomorrow is day 1, instead I feel very comfortable and a little excited. Freedom from my head is not far away, thanks so much to u all for sharing, its a fabulous feeling knowing I'm not on my own xxx

well mine started before getting pregnant i started piling the pounds on when i was 13 i had a nervous breakdown and kept myself in my room , then at 14 was diagosned with a back condition and was told i needed to loose weight so i ate foods i knew would make me go to the toliet and sick and after 2 months id lost 3 stone but found if difficult to exercise with the pain . At 17 i got pregnant and after my tummy when back to quick and i was the thinnest id been since i was 12 but didnt stay like that a few months later i got caught again with my 2nd child and never been able to lose the weight since no matter how many diets ive been on so day 2 of the liptrim and hoping i will get to my ideal weight . sorry for going on

Back