Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

How did you choose your goal weight?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Anisah, 7 August 2008 Social URL.

1. Anisah

Anisah A pound at a time

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I am starting to second guess myself. I have no idea what I want my goal to be. I have a range but it's large, like 20 pounds between the highest and lowest that I thought of.
    I am 5ft and a half inch tall. What should my goal be?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Charisma

Charisma Silver Member

im 5'3 and my goal is 9 stone because thats what i used to be and felt happy with it. once i get there i might wanna lose afew more pounds but only enough that i feel happy with. dont set yourself a goal that you know you cant reach or youll never be there

4. Ribenaberry

Ribenaberry Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st6lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I have based mine on a healthy bmi. I am 5ft 4" and am aiming for a weight between 9 and 10.5 stone.

Realistically 10.5 stone is probably achievable. Am now 12st 6lb having lost 20lb, so only another 2 stone to go!!

Good luck!

5. jabbathehut

jabbathehut This is the last time!!

Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I am 5'6.5 and I have set my goal to be 11 stone, although I will be over the moon with 12 at the moment.
    When I met my hubby I was 11.5 stone and wore a size 14/16. That's what I am aiming for, but obviously I am 10 years older and have had a child in that time so I am just aiming at the mo for a size 16.

6. Janie1978

Janie1978 Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet SS
    I am aiming for 12 stone at the moment but have set myself mini goals until i get there then i can see how i feel. My major goal is a size 14 then i will look at my weight and how i feel from there.

7. kateoreilly

kateoreilly Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Sole Source Diet
    Hello, I am 5ft 6 and have a target of 9st. I have been 10st and felt fat and have also been 8st and felt ill. I have not been 9st in my past so that is my aim. I have a target of 4.7lbs reduction per week and by my AAM week in 9 weeks time I am aiming for 12st 11.7lbs.
    Having a firm goal is good for reaching towards for me. I can also see what I will look like at 9st and I look darn good :wavey:
    When you know where you are going and the steps to get there you will succeed.

[QUOTE]Believe you can, believe you can't. Either way you will be right.[/QUOTE]

8. kirsty2012

kirsty2012 is gonna shine in 2009

Start Weight:
    19st2lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    5st9lb(29.48%)
    Diet:
    ww
    i'm looking at getting to 12.10 - 13st then going onto weight watchers. I will have gone from 19.2 to 13st in 2yrs by then, so i will be happy then take the last 2.7 stone slowly

9. kirsty2012

kirsty2012 is gonna shine in 2009

Start Weight:
    19st2lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    5st9lb(29.48%)
    Diet:
    ww
    forgot to add i'm 5ft 5 and a size 16 bottom and 18 top and will be happy to get to a 14 bottom and 16 top

10. cicerone

cicerone Cambridge Diet Counsellor

Start Weight:
    11st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    my CD counsellor gave me my target of 10.5. She said I may look gaunt if I lose anymore. I'm 5.4. But I think its best to reach that first goal and then see how you feel.
    Good luck x

11. karenO

karenO Step away from the chips!

Diet:
    Cambridge
    When i started CD i was 18st4lbs and set my goal at 13stone purely because i couldnt egt my head to comprehend the possibility of losing any more weight than that. 13 stone was a weight i thought i would be content at.
    Fast forward 16 weeks and i've gone past that target and have realised i want to keep going.
    Where the end point is i dont know but for now my new target is 11stone and i'll see how i feel when i get to that point.
    I find it difficult to envisage how i'll feel if i look too far ahead (its been many many years since i've been under 13 stone and i had a pre-baby body back then :)) and i dont want my brain telling me my aims are unachievable so for now i'll take it in stages until i'm happy with both how i feel and how i look and am confident that i'm at a weight i can comfortably manage

12. kathandjohn

kathandjohn Full Member

our bmi is well to high its what made up our minds up, mine should be 24 i never been that in all my life and want to be that in my old age.

13. susan70

susan70 Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    to be honest i went by healthy bmi. my ticker takes me to 10st but i think i will probably go for 9st.xx

14. That's_So_Fetch

That's_So_Fetch Gold Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I chose my goal weight depending on where i feel comforable at. I am aiming for 8 stones 7lbs but i would like to get to 8 stones if possible. I am about 5 ft 1.5 inches so i consider this a healthy weight.

I think to get your goal weight you should find your healthy weight range (i think for your height its between 100lbs-132lbs) and find a midpoint.

Or you could go by how your clothes feel on you. I would like to be a size 8 on top and 10 on bottom.

I would advise to keep going with the diet and work towards a healthy BMI of 25 and then see how you feel.

xx

15. misscheeky

misscheeky Gold Member

my ticker takes me to 12and a half stone but think im gonna move it to 13. I just wanna fit into at least a size 16 and then will look at it again. I suppose id love to be 11stone really :)

16. Amanda71

Amanda71 Silver Member

I chose a healthy bmi of 24 :)

17. Anisah

Anisah A pound at a time

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    You have all given me some wonderful advice. I will have to brew over these ideas and make up my mind.

18. madameruthybaby

madameruthybaby Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I am 5 foot and half an inch also! My doctor told me to aim for 7 stone 7! But I think this is a little low so I am aiming for 8 stone. Before I went to University I was 8 and a half stone and a size 10 so I am thinking that 8 stone will be a nice size 8-10 which on someone of my height (tiny) looks healthy I think.

Hope this helps!

19. Camilla

Camilla Silver Member

Im 5ft 4ins and aiming for 9 stone I'm currently 10 stone 2lbs! I started the CD at 14 stone 9lbs!

20. Amanda71

Amanda71 Silver Member

Hi Camilla :)
    I'm 5'4". What size are you at 10st2lbs?(if you don't mind me asking) :) It's just that my goal is 10st and I'd like to know if I need to aim a little lower :)

21. caws

caws Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st12lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(7.66%)
    Diet:
    Healthy eating-ish
    I'm 5'4" and aiming for 12st at first, although I'm doing it on sizes and would like to be a comfortable 14/16 (I'm currently an 18/20)

12 stone would still technically make me overweight but as long as I'm comfortable and happy with the way I look that is what I'm aiming for rather than to fixate on numbers.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.