How did you choose your goal weight?

Anisah

A pound at a time
I am starting to second guess myself. I have no idea what I want my goal to be. I have a range but it's large, like 20 pounds between the highest and lowest that I thought of.
I am 5ft and a half inch tall. What should my goal be?

im 5'3 and my goal is 9 stone because thats what i used to be and felt happy with it. once i get there i might wanna lose afew more pounds but only enough that i feel happy with. dont set yourself a goal that you know you cant reach or youll never be there

I have based mine on a healthy bmi. I am 5ft 4" and am aiming for a weight between 9 and 10.5 stone.

Realistically 10.5 stone is probably achievable. Am now 12st 6lb having lost 20lb, so only another 2 stone to go!!

Good luck!

I am 5'6.5 and I have set my goal to be 11 stone, although I will be over the moon with 12 at the moment.
When I met my hubby I was 11.5 stone and wore a size 14/16. That's what I am aiming for, but obviously I am 10 years older and have had a child in that time so I am just aiming at the mo for a size 16.

I am aiming for 12 stone at the moment but have set myself mini goals until i get there then i can see how i feel. My major goal is a size 14 then i will look at my weight and how i feel from there.

Hello, I am 5ft 6 and have a target of 9st. I have been 10st and felt fat and have also been 8st and felt ill. I have not been 9st in my past so that is my aim. I have a target of 4.7lbs reduction per week and by my AAM week in 9 weeks time I am aiming for 12st 11.7lbs.
Having a firm goal is good for reaching towards for me. I can also see what I will look like at 9st and I look darn good :wavey:
When you know where you are going and the steps to get there you will succeed.

[QUOTE]Believe you can, believe you can't. Either way you will be right.[/QUOTE]

i'm looking at getting to 12.10 - 13st then going onto weight watchers. I will have gone from 19.2 to 13st in 2yrs by then, so i will be happy then take the last 2.7 stone slowly

forgot to add i'm 5ft 5 and a size 16 bottom and 18 top and will be happy to get to a 14 bottom and 16 top

When i started CD i was 18st4lbs and set my goal at 13stone purely because i couldnt egt my head to comprehend the possibility of losing any more weight than that. 13 stone was a weight i thought i would be content at.
Fast forward 16 weeks and i've gone past that target and have realised i want to keep going.
Where the end point is i dont know but for now my new target is 11stone and i'll see how i feel when i get to that point.
I find it difficult to envisage how i'll feel if i look too far ahead (its been many many years since i've been under 13 stone and i had a pre-baby body back then :)) and i dont want my brain telling me my aims are unachievable so for now i'll take it in stages until i'm happy with both how i feel and how i look and am confident that i'm at a weight i can comfortably manage

our bmi is well to high its what made up our minds up, mine should be 24 i never been that in all my life and want to be that in my old age.

to be honest i went by healthy bmi. my ticker takes me to 10st but i think i will probably go for 9st.xx

I chose my goal weight depending on where i feel comforable at. I am aiming for 8 stones 7lbs but i would like to get to 8 stones if possible. I am about 5 ft 1.5 inches so i consider this a healthy weight.

I think to get your goal weight you should find your healthy weight range (i think for your height its between 100lbs-132lbs) and find a midpoint.

Or you could go by how your clothes feel on you. I would like to be a size 8 on top and 10 on bottom.

I would advise to keep going with the diet and work towards a healthy BMI of 25 and then see how you feel.

xx

my ticker takes me to 12and a half stone but think im gonna move it to 13. I just wanna fit into at least a size 16 and then will look at it again. I suppose id love to be 11stone really :)

I am 5 foot and half an inch also! My doctor told me to aim for 7 stone 7! But I think this is a little low so I am aiming for 8 stone. Before I went to University I was 8 and a half stone and a size 10 so I am thinking that 8 stone will be a nice size 8-10 which on someone of my height (tiny) looks healthy I think.

Hope this helps!

Hi Camilla :)
I'm 5'4". What size are you at 10st2lbs?(if you don't mind me asking) :) It's just that my goal is 10st and I'd like to know if I need to aim a little lower :)

I'm 5'4" and aiming for 12st at first, although I'm doing it on sizes and would like to be a comfortable 14/16 (I'm currently an 18/20)

12 stone would still technically make me overweight but as long as I'm comfortable and happy with the way I look that is what I'm aiming for rather than to fixate on numbers.

Back