How did you decide on target weight????

From reading some of the replies......I think BMI doesn't take things like height, structure and age into account......I wish there was a better measuring scale out there......

I have some scales that measure body fat, mine has gone from 43% to 35% and although i am less than half a stone overweight (going on home scales i need to lose another 5.5lbs for a bmi of 25) i know the fat level is way to high, as i understand it, your body fat should be about 25% for a woman and about 20% for a man. so i still have a lot of fat to use.

I dont think that bmi is totally accurate, however, i feel (for me personally) that being in the middle of my bmi is better, perhaps towards the bottom end if my body fat is still high.

I really want to get my body fat to around the 25% mark, but i think that will require some exercise and low fat eating even after tfr has finished!

when I was younger, i really worked out a lot, with power lifting, swimming, martial arts, jogging etc, but since being obese/overweight and developing fibromyalgia, i have no idea if i can do the more intensive exercises anymore. my physio did say that regardless of my weight i should never run again as my vertebra are fused in places and running would severly increase my risk of artritis (already have rhuematism).

as i am short (5'2") you notice weight a lot more, for taller people it is easier to carry it off.

I think ultimately, even though we all have different ideas/goals/beliefs, as long as we are healthy, dont have any medical issues affected by weight, and dont look ill, we should ultimately decide our own fate.

this was a quick reply but feel like i have written a small book now! :eek:

my goal is lowest pharmacy will let me get too which is 9st 2lbs i will be happy at that i hope, always weigh at home but truly go by pharmacy scales xxx

I have just set my own personal target which is 12 stone 7
I know thats not the healthiest I should be as I am 5'6 & would probably need to be about 11 feet tall for it to be an ideal BMI lol BUT I PERSONALLY am happy at a size 14/16 & I would be that size at that weight.
I dont believe in charts for 'ideal' weight as all my friends are more or less the same size yet their weights differ so much. I believe its about being happy with yourself.
Who knows I might get to that & decide I wanna keep going but I will just be ecstatic to get to that to be honest.
Good luck on whatever you decide, there is no right or wrong answer hun
Niki
x

Back