How did you decide your goal weight?

Caz

Repeat Offender
I'm thinking about my goal weight, I just kind of picked what seemed like a reasonable weight. I've not ever been slim really, so don't know what would be normal for me really. How did you decide what your goal weight should be?

i picked mine at the very top end of my healthy BMI. i am a broad shouldered muscly girl, so i think i will be happy at the top end of my BMI, but i don't know really as the weight i am now is the smallest i have been since i was about 14. I might get to BMI 24.9 and think i can lose another stone, and do that through excercise. i don't think the BMI is the best tool to use but i am using it as a guide only.

mine was intially 10 stone off (as i started off last year at 21 st 7 which i lost a load myself), and then i felt i might be able to drop another stone ontop of that.
I would be happy with 11st7, but thrilled to bits with 10st7 so i'll just have to wait and see!
I'm a sucker for round numbers! lol
xxx

My goal weight of 8.7 is just what I was for years before I put the weight on. In all honesty, I would be happy with anything between 8.7 - 9 stone.

Sometimes I look at my target weight and it feels a bit daunting as it sounds so little, but I was a healthy size 10 and was happy and that is where I want to be again.

I think for me it's less about the scales and more about being a size 10 and looking as I did before. So if (not that this would happen) I got to 10 stone and was a size 10, I would be happy to stay there.

140lb is 10 stone for me and into healthy weight range, thats why i picked it

simples lol

I picked the weight i met my husband at .. then decided to add 7lbs off untop making goal 9 stone !!
however i know as we age sometimes our bodies do not like us to go down to our teen weight etc so not sure how i will feel .. however i now have 3 brand new pairs of size 10's staring at me to fit into them when i do and i have no muffin top i will be very very happy - never been a size 10 !!

I picked 10 stone 7lbs - as when I started going out with hubby I would have been about this size (I think I was slim then so never weighed myself :()

I worked out my healthy BMI range and chose a weight at the top as I have large hips + very large boobies (which weight quite a bit!) so know that will be pretty perfect weight for me :D

I picked a random healthy weight and will see how I feel when I get closer...not been slim since I was 18.

For me I chose a mid range healthy BMI, It is a weight slimmer than I was in the far past, so when I get nearer, I will adjust it to how I feel.
I too have been over weight for an age (forever) so guess its just a guessing game.
x

I didnt really I was told by my cdc, not even sure about it now tbh. Just gonna carry on and stop when I feel happy :)

I originally set my goal at 10 stone, as losing 6 stone seemed daunting enough! However, I remember being unhappy at that weight when I was on holiday in Oz (even though it was years ago) so I revised it to 9 stone. I would be happy anywhere between 9 and 9 1/2.

I picked the weight I was a few years ago when I first met dh. I rarely weighed myself back then but I know I was wearing size 8/10 clothes and was somewhere between 8 and 8 1/2stone so getting somewhere around there would be great. The thing i'm not too sure about though is my body has completely changed since having babies, I carry most of my weight around my middle which I never did before children and my muscles haven't knitted back together after the 2 c-sections so I have the ugly overhang and that wont ever go away so whether I can get in to an 8/10 again may be dubious. That actually leads me on to starting a new thread!

I've always been big or shall I call it solid built. I really can't see me down at a healthy 25bmi, if fact I don't think BMI works for all, so I decided to lose 100lb get down to aorund 39BMI and then see where to go from there.

a 'healthy wieght for my height is apparently between 9st 13 and 12 st 2 so i picked 11 st exactly as it was in the middle.

I too decided to get back to the weight i was when i first met my hubby...8 and a half stone and once i got there, decided to push on for the extra half a stone and now sitting at 8 stone. Does my hubby notice though? Does he heck lol! x

Ok thanks guys. Seems like much the same as what I tried to do really, work out what is meant to be normal and just pick! I don't know what I'll get to, I guess I'll see as I get closer and can adjust my goal accordingly. Thanks :)

I have gone for 11st as my end goal, which I don't think I have been since I was 14. I will see how I feel once I get to around 12.5 st. I would like to be at the top of healthy BMI range. It still seems like a lifetime away at the moment.

Back