How did you decide your goal weight?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Caz, 7 May 2009 Social URL.

1. Caz

Caz Slimming down the aisle

Start Weight:
    19st1.5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.7lb(3.25%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting / SML / Orlistat
    I'm thinking about my goal weight, I just kind of picked what seemed like a reasonable weight. I've not ever been slim really, so don't know what would be normal for me really. How did you decide what your goal weight should be?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. eyeontheprize

eyeontheprize can see the end in sight!

Start Weight:
    20st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st6lb
    Lost(%):
    7st11lb(37.98%)
    Diet:
    Currently - Cambridge SS+
    i picked mine at the very top end of my healthy BMI. i am a broad shouldered muscly girl, so i think i will be happy at the top end of my BMI, but i don't know really as the weight i am now is the smallest i have been since i was about 14. I might get to BMI 24.9 and think i can lose another stone, and do that through excercise. i don't think the BMI is the best tool to use but i am using it as a guide only.

4. LizzMB

LizzMB WILL be Slim!

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.57%)
    Diet:
    CD SS
    mine was intially 10 stone off (as i started off last year at 21 st 7 which i lost a load myself), and then i felt i might be able to drop another stone ontop of that.
    I would be happy with 11st7, but thrilled to bits with 10st7 so i'll just have to wait and see!
    I'm a sucker for round numbers! lol
    xxx

5. Luci-De-Milo

Luci-De-Milo is going to do this!

Start Weight:
    12st2lb
    Current Weight:
    10st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st12lb
    Lost(%):
    2st1lb(17.06%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet (CD)
    My goal weight of 8.7 is just what I was for years before I put the weight on. In all honesty, I would be happy with anything between 8.7 - 9 stone.

Sometimes I look at my target weight and it feels a bit daunting as it sounds so little, but I was a healthy size 10 and was happy and that is where I want to be again.

I think for me it's less about the scales and more about being a size 10 and looking as I did before. So if (not that this would happen) I got to 10 stone and was a size 10, I would be happy to stay there.

6. Berryred

Berryred Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st12.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7.5lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    140lb is 10 stone for me and into healthy weight range, thats why i picked it

simples lol

7. wannabesize10

wannabesize10 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    I picked the weight i met my husband at .. then decided to add 7lbs off untop making goal 9 stone !!
    however i know as we age sometimes our bodies do not like us to go down to our teen weight etc so not sure how i will feel .. however i now have 3 brand new pairs of size 10's staring at me to fit into them when i do and i have no muffin top i will be very very happy - never been a size 10 !!

8. Lexie_dog

Lexie_dog UNLEASHING THE BEAST!

Start Weight:
    15st12.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3.5lb(1.57%)
    Diet:
    SW, minimal bread!
    I picked 10 stone 7lbs - as when I started going out with hubby I would have been about this size (I think I was slim then so never weighed myself :()

9. shrinkingsarah

shrinkingsarah Member

Start Weight:
    17st12.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5.5lb(2.2%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    I worked out my healthy BMI range and chose a weight at the top as I have large hips + very large boobies (which weight quite a bit!) so know that will be pretty perfect weight for me :D

10. polishrose

polishrose Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st8lb
    Current Weight:
    19st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(9.93%)
    Diet:
    exantecambridge
    I picked a random healthy weight and will see how I feel when I get closer...not been slim since I was 18.

11. tillyfloss

tillyfloss Gold Member

For me I chose a mid range healthy BMI, It is a weight slimmer than I was in the far past, so when I get nearer, I will adjust it to how I feel.
    I too have been over weight for an age (forever) so guess its just a guessing game.
    x

12. badger1980

badger1980 Full Member

Start Weight:
    24st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st7lb
    Lost(%):
    10st0lb(40.82%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I didnt really I was told by my cdc, not even sure about it now tbh. Just gonna carry on and stop when I feel happy :)

13. **sparkles**

**sparkles** Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    6st10lb(41.96%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I originally set my goal at 10 stone, as losing 6 stone seemed daunting enough! However, I remember being unhappy at that weight when I was on holiday in Oz (even though it was years ago) so I revised it to 9 stone. I would be happy anywhere between 9 and 9 1/2.

14. hypno1

hypno1 Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st5.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    healthy eating/orlistat
    I picked the weight I was a few years ago when I first met dh. I rarely weighed myself back then but I know I was wearing size 8/10 clothes and was somewhere between 8 and 8 1/2stone so getting somewhere around there would be great. The thing i'm not too sure about though is my body has completely changed since having babies, I carry most of my weight around my middle which I never did before children and my muscles haven't knitted back together after the 2 c-sections so I have the ugly overhang and that wont ever go away so whether I can get in to an 8/10 again may be dubious. That actually leads me on to starting a new thread!

15. CaptainPugwash

CaptainPugwash Full Member

Start Weight:
    22st7lb
    Current Weight:
    16st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st5lb
    Lost(%):
    6st2lb(27.3%)
    I've always been big or shall I call it solid built. I really can't see me down at a healthy 25bmi, if fact I don't think BMI works for all, so I decided to lose 100lb get down to aorund 39BMI and then see where to go from there.

16. Purplepixie

Purplepixie Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    4st12lb(27.87%)
    Diet:
    CD
    a 'healthy wieght for my height is apparently between 9st 13 and 12 st 2 so i picked 11 st exactly as it was in the middle.

17. sleepybird

sleepybird wants a pony

Start Weight:
    10st0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(7.86%)
    Diet:
    CD
    I too decided to get back to the weight i was when i first met my hubby...8 and a half stone and once i got there, decided to push on for the extra half a stone and now sitting at 8 stone. Does my hubby notice though? Does he heck lol! x

18. Caz

Caz Slimming down the aisle

Start Weight:
    19st1.5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.7lb(3.25%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting / SML / Orlistat
    Ok thanks guys. Seems like much the same as what I tried to do really, work out what is meant to be normal and just pick! I don't know what I'll get to, I guess I'll see as I get closer and can adjust my goal accordingly. Thanks :)

19. Wales

Wales Silver Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I have gone for 11st as my end goal, which I don't think I have been since I was 14. I will see how I feel once I get to around 12.5 st. I would like to be at the top of healthy BMI range. It still seems like a lifetime away at the moment.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.