How did your family react to the new you?

Ill have to dig out some old pics. I found some pics if me before the weight piled on again and I can't believe how thin I was. But even then I thought I was fat!! Now 6 stone later (-34lbs haha) it shocks me how its crept on like it did before. I accidentally lost 5st last time as I got dengue fever and I wish that I'd worked hard on maintaining it but when I got better I just ate rubbish again. I guess this is the first real conscious effort I've ever made to lose weight, despite being overweight most my life I never made an effort to do it. Like you both said it will take a while to catch up in my mind. I think I will start noticing it when my clothes don't fit - and considering I live in stretchy leggings that will be awhile yet!!

Strange though, I tried a pair of leggings on thr other day and I used to be able to just squeeze into them - truer them on on the weekend and they don't fit at all? 34lvs lighter and no improvement, think my ass will just stay massive while everything else shrinks lolol

Ah yes, the Dengue Fever plan...

Even when i had lost six stone, i would look in the mirror and wonder where it had gone. In terms of your earlier comments about your clothes.

Here is the timeline for my waist sizes:

54 inch waist 21st9 initial weigh in
52 inch waist 20st wk 6
50 inch waist 19st8 wk 8
48 inch waist 19st3 wk 10
46 inch waist 18st1 wk 14
44 inch waist 17st6 wk 18
42 inch waist 16st13 wk 20
40 inch waist 16st1 wk 24
38 inch waist 14st7 wk 34
36 inch waist 13st4 wk47
34 inch waist 12st12 wk67
33 inch waist 12st8 wk70.

It does come, sometimes it seems to take ages though.... Keep at it i promise you will notice!

Oh wow! I wish if started measuring but truth be told I was terrified to. I have a very 1950's shape which just isn't catered for these days, plus Africans on my dads side of which I've inherited matted hair and a massive bum. Last time I measured I was around 46" trousers, and a 34" top which is just ridiculous. Hence my inability to buy any normal clothes except for stretch. So u never had a clue what I size I was, and even now I'm a size 20-22 on the bottom even though I'm only 13.8. I know people in size 14's at my size, but ho hum such are my genes :) I might have to have a measure soon and see where I'm at, although I doubt they will change that much as my fat is legs/bum/hips/tum. Even when I was10st before I was a 12-14 on the bottom and an 8-10 on top!!! Damn genes

Ah yes, the Dengue Fever plan...

Even when i had lost six stone, i would look in the mirror and wonder where it had gone. In terms of your earlier comments about your clothes.

Here is the timeline for my waist sizes:

54 inch waist 21st9 initial weigh in
52 inch waist 20st wk 6
50 inch waist 19st8 wk 8
48 inch waist 19st3 wk 10
46 inch waist 18st1 wk 14
44 inch waist 17st6 wk 18
42 inch waist 16st13 wk 20
40 inch waist 16st1 wk 24
38 inch waist 14st7 wk 34
36 inch waist 13st4 wk47
34 inch waist 12st12 wk67
33 inch waist 12st8 wk70.

It does come, sometimes it seems to take ages though.... Keep at it i promise you will notice!

Wow !! Fantastic!!
Thats what I wish I had done :eek: I never took my measurements at start :rolleyes:

People who care about me have been very positive about the whole weightloss. All of my family, friends and colleagues have been amazing and encouraged me to keep going. I've not weighed this light since I was 12 years old, so going from 'big since teens' to my current size is a huge deal and a new me. I'm lucky to have so many nice people in my life.

After the first 3 stone loss, my relationship started to break down, he was convinced that I'd found someone else because "he was happy with me big so why else should I want to lose weight!" The relationship broke down in December 2012, it's now a positive step but didn't seem like it at the time.

I work as a secondary teacher and I am more worried about my students picking up on my weightloss. A few of my teenage girls have commented just saying that I'm looking well, one keeps saying "you weren't fat before miss so why are you still losing weight" I try my best to avoid these conversations but the best way to deal with it is to simply say it was down to health. I do worry about enforcing body image issues and try my best to avoid talking about it.

Ladies with big bums and smaller waists ... Evans' "Pear Shape" range trousers are fabulous.

Also, I had a comment a while ago from my mum who I don't see often (she lives abroad) about how good I looked. Considering I still am a flabby bap, I was pleased :D Mostly she just nags at me to lose weight but after she had seen a difference it spurred me on no end :)

Mmm, don't know what is going through my other halfs head at the moment? She has now joined SW too as of last Thur after seeing how I have done, but, yesterday she made several reference's to my "losing my ass / boobs" when trying on my increasingly growing "bigger clothes pile" ive now lost enough to have dropped 2 nearly 3 clothe sizes and have began the tedious exercise of trying to buy clothes that fit, again much to my teenagers pleasure as she has gained around two thirds of my old attire!
Im getting at least a daily convo
about not getting to far, not getting obssessed (as if!!! I like my food to much!!) even more so when having to try on clothes / buy new / pass another item over to the teen!
I know in my heart nothing meant by it, but it starting to niggle me. I need to keep me focused to help and encourage her to do well at this early start on her journey :rolleyes:
I know in myself I am lower now than I have been in around 16/18yrs but I do aspire to be approx 9st as that is at my higher range for my height (approx 12lb to go)
Ok ive rambled :eek: but needed vent somewhere :banghead:

. . . .
Im getting at least a daily convo
about not getting to far, not getting obssessed (as if!!! I like my food to much!!) even more so when having to try on clothes / buy new / pass another item over to the teen!
I know in my heart nothing meant by it, but it starting to niggle me. I need to keep me focused to help and encourage her to do well at this early start on her journey . . .

If by "convo" you mean conversation, then it takes two to have one of those. Don't respond, and there won't be a conversation!

If by "convo" you mean conversation, then it takes two to have one of those. Don't respond, and there won't be a conversation!

I agree that by engaging and responding that im also to blame, that I understand, but that does not change how they are feeling nor their concerns, nor how when attempting to voice this how it makes one feel.
Thanks for responding :)

I agree that by engaging and responding that im also to blame, that I understand, but that does not change how they are feeling nor their concerns, nor how when attempting to voice this how it makes one feel.
Thanks for responding :)

I am sorry, my reply was a bit brisk and probably not very helpful. I didn't mean to belittle your concerns.

Back