How do I be Strong?

Sedalia

I have come so far, lost so much weight and it has been easy for me, but lately the cravings and the longings for food are gaining epic proportions. Last night I was on the verge of smashing my mug I was so fed up not eating. I got over it because I refuse to let food rule my life. I just have to learn how to overcome these cravings because when I eventually stop SS, that's when my willpower will really tell. Any ideas how I can overcome these immense cravings before they put me on the same destructive comfort eating path I was on before?

Just keep looking at that final goal !!!! you have come so far.
Or as another minimin suggested, think of the food covered in something gross ( bird poo, vomit) I know its a bit harsh but it puts me right off lol

"I refuse to let food rule my life."
It looks to me Charlotte that you already have found the will that you need when you start to eat properly again Charlotte. Try to think about how far you have come and not let yourself give in now when you are so close to the finishing line!!

Charlotte... Rach is right. You already know it..... You only have a few weeks left of this to get through. I can only imagine that if I hadnt changed over to CD and so had AAM I would be just like you, only probably screaming my head off!! I for one do not believe you will be the same person as you were before, having done LT and having stuck to it like you have. You are amazing for having come so far. Dont allow anything to stop you reaching your goal.

I'm like that every night now too, and I feel that when I finish I'm going to end up back where I was.

Just hoping that when I actually can eat, these mad cravings to buy everything I've been missing and eat them all in one go, will leave me :)

Everyone has said everything......so I'll just send you a big hug!:hug99: Keep strong hun.
xxxxxxxxxx

I'm like that every night now too, and I feel that when I finish I'm going to end up back where I was.

Just hoping that when I actually can eat, these mad cravings to buy everything I've been missing and eat them all in one go, will leave me :)

You wont because you have thought about nothing else but your eating habits for the last however many months. You know that you couldnt do it all again and that will keep you strong!

Another great thread.....getting to the core of our issues!!! I contribute another one the Century Club and one of the CDC posts there called D_Q - she says that thinking about food is good - cos you are finally making concious decision not to eat!!! Really obvious but blew me away - YES!!! I am p*ssed off that I am thinking about food but I am making a decision not to eat.....this will keep the pounds off in the future.......what do you guys think????

Yes it is good and also having the will to say no when those urges overtake you.

Back