How do I get my fat bottom out of bed in the morning?

Eamoo

You wouldn't think it to look at all 19 odd stone of me but I really enjoy going to the gym and the buzz after a good workout.

A couple of years ago when I lived nearer to my gym I would work out for 2 hours at a time 4-5 days a week. It was never a chore to get in there - but I should also point out it wasn't an obsession!

I've recently rejoined by gym and bought a bike to cycle the 2 miles from my house but it's been 3 weeks and I have yet to get out of bed on time in the morning - or even wake up!!! Going after work is out of the question - not only does the working day wipe me out but I spend my evening doing independent study for a qualification. I work flexible hours but unfortunately my manager has said I can't take a 2 hour lunch to go.

So after a bit of rambling, does anyone else hit the gym/exercise before work and how do you motivate yourself to get out of bed? I have no problem with motivating myself to go to the gym any other time of the day, and I don't normally struggle to get out of bed.

yeah i loved teh gym early on - no waiting, do what I want, and nothing to get in my way such as work or anything

1. set your alarm - get up when it goes off
2. have a plan and know what you are doing - weekly/monthly is good. have loads of variety dont repeat anything in a week pref longer
3. have your kit ready the night b4
4. targets - specific ones whcih you can visualise and measure with timescales. reaffirm these use whatever technique works, visualisation, diaries, notes to self anything that works
5. ask yourslef, is staying bed achieving what you want on your targets
6. reward yourslef - for every 15 morning sessions done gets you something you like or want. how about a massage, therapy stuff from a spa type stuff?

early morning usually means a dedicated few and i got to know them so was more social too

Literally throw yourself out if bed is my advice! As above, get everything ready night before and when alarm goes literally throw your kit on and leave the house - no coffee or anything, just go. I find it's the wandering about and getting ready that gives me time to talk myself out of it. Good luck! You loved it before I'm sure when you get back into it you'll feel the same x

Agree that you literally need to roll out of bed no thinking involved;). I remember many, many years ago i used to jog first thing - usually woke up half way around the circuit and wondered how i'd achieved it!

I know when I upped my carbs that my motivation to be active INCREASED.

When your running low on carbs then your dehydrated as well hence 'carbo-HYDRATE'. So dehydration plays a HUGE roll in motivation.

Carb up, drink up and make sure you get early nights. Just force yourself for 4 days and then the habit will start. How about going every second or 3rd day for a few months vs thinking you have to train EVERYDAY for 2 hours lol!

I dont train everyday but Ive dropped 80lbs this year. High carb, low fat, vegan is where its at. :)

Be easy on yourself. Raise your standards. Enjoy.

I am so in the same place right now!! I love the gym too but i hate it when it's busy, like REALLY hate it, can't stand waiting for people to get off the machine i want .....it messes up my mojo!!

My problem at the moment is the cold and rain and dark, getting out of bed when it's like that is just near impossible. i work flexi time too and usually like to start at 8am but have been rolling in at 9.05am lately just cos getting out of bed is so hard.

One tip i have learned is to put your alarm up really loud and put it on the other side of your bedroom, or even better outside your bedroom door, that way you will virtually have to stumbled over your gym kit to get to it....

I might take my own advice and start tomorrow :) good luck!!! :D

Back