How do I know when I am in Ketosis?

lucylu0802

Got to stop eating!
I broke into SS gradually by cutting down my meals and replacing them over the course of a week with shakes.

Yesterday I completed my first day of sole source and felt fine, no hunger pangs, no headaches nothing!!!!

I am a wee bit emotional today :cry:but not sure whether that is to do with the diet or not!!!!

So anyway getting to the point how do I know when I am actually in Ketosis?

Thanks for your help!

Lucy

I bought some Ketostix test strips to confirm. Also have a funny taste in my mouth and cold hands and feet.:)

After 4-5 day's of ss, u go into ketosis, u can buy ketostix fron ur chemist to test if u are. Good luck with the diet.

Linda.

Thanks both, have had the funny taste in mouth so guessing I am on the way! Thought it was the shakes giving me the taste!!!

Thanks again!

L

xxx

I've never used testing sticks, not when on CD last time (before having my baby), or this. Knowing me, I'd get obsessed with testing all the time & drive myself nuts!

I get the odd taste in my mouth, a whitening to my tongue and (unfortunately) bad breath :eek:

I sometimes get really cold hands & feet too, although not always.

Good luck

Bad breath is the most noticable thing i have found. Thats when i no im in ketosis....

If you have been hole heartedly SS with no blips then by the 3rd day you will be in ketosis.

Back