How do I lose twenty pounds

How do I lose twenty pounds (being at five-foot-eight) without doing cardio? I have weak knees and ankles that get swollen and extremely painful when used, even speed-walking!! :-( Is there anything I can do other than weight-lifting? I don't feel that weights really help. Oh, and as far as I'm a health-freak and only eat two meals a day.

Last edited:
I dont think that eating 2 meals a day can be very healthy for u if u r not eating the amount of calories that ur body needs then it could be holding onto fat and stopping u losing weight. Maybe u need to look at the food u r eating change it and make small meals instead of 2 meals and increase ur exercise possibly walking.

Hi, Have you considered swimming for alternative excercise? I suffer from dodgy joints and have been advised by my doctor and excercise professionals that any kind of excercise in the water is good as it supports your joints by taking off the pressure and the impact.
I do an aquafit class and with this sort of thing you can take it really easy, or work harder if you want to. It's a good way to build up strength and helps you to tone up as you loose weight.
Have you sought any advice on your diet? 2 meals a day might not be the best way to go if you aren't getting all the nutrients your body needs. If you don't eat enough your body goes into starvation mode and stores fat.

Back