How do I make psyllium porridge?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by voodoo, 31 March 2007 Social URL.

1. voodoo

voodoo LOVING MY WATER

Start Weight:
    20st5lb
    Current Weight:
    20st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Celebrity Slim
    I bought some psyllium husks in a box ( I'm having trouble 'going') & saw that some people make a 'porridge' out of it. Can someone PLEASE tell me how to do it?
    Thanks in advance,
    xxxsharon

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Anne-Marie

Anne-Marie Anne-Marie

Diet:
    VLCD
    Got this from russian Doll :

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Take 300ml of VERY hot water (but not boiling).
    >Add a CD pack (toffee & walnut and vanilla both work really well)
    >Mix it up with a blender as per usual.
    >Pour into a bowl and then sprinkle about 2 dessertspoons of PH on top.
    >Stir briskly with either a fork or a balloon whisk.
    >At first, it'll go lumpy (and you'll think 'Oh crap!!') but keep stirring / whisking until it starts to go smooth and thicken.
    >I like to sprinkle a little cinnamon on top of mine to give it a really 'wintery' taste!

And that's all there is to it!

Don't expect 'Scott Porrige Oats' - the consistancy will be more like semolina but very acceptable when you've got nothing else!
    [/FONT]

It's quite nice - careful with the PH though - if you add too much it goes a bit stringly, like glue! Also thickens a bit as you eat it so don't be tempted to add more and eat immediately.

4. voodoo

voodoo LOVING MY WATER

Start Weight:
    20st5lb
    Current Weight:
    20st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Celebrity Slim
    Thanks for your help, I shall try it tomorrow with either choc or strawberry cd sachets. I hope it turns out better than my crisps/popadoms, they were vile!!! I'm scared to try them again, lol!
    Thanks again,
    xxxxsharon

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.