How do I syn this exactly?

Maximus

Gold Member
I have just made a cheese & onion flan (SW style of course) without pastry.

I made it with onions (free) sweated in fry light butter (free) 2 eggs (free) 140g reduced fat cheddar (approx 3 Hex A's worth) and 300ml of semi-skimmed milk (just over 1 HexA there too).

So should I just dive it into 6 portions (for example) counting each as 1 Hex A (or 2 if I wanted to make sure).

or

Should I just syn the milk & cheese and divide the amount of syns by each portion of flan?

It was just something I "needed to make" lol and it looks so tempting. Any idea of the approximate syn value.

Please note there should have been much more cheese that what I used but that was all the healthy stuff I had left;)

Any advice on the best way to count it. I can manage the eating bit without problem:p

Steve

Thanks Allie - I can enjoy a slice of that rather than a packet of crisps or other similar syn value. Thus saving HEX A's for cereal/drinks etc.

Brill!

Steve

3 x cheese = 18 syns
milk = 8 syns

= 26 syns/ 6

= 4.5 syns per portion (6 in total)

So it's under 1HEXA per portion. xx

Hi Allie - just re-read this last bit. I actually synned the values as I had loads left (I had divided into 8 pieces and had two! - counted as 7 syns)

Regarding the last line, can you use points instead of a HEX A (or B) and if so, how many?

Did that make sense?

Back