How do people deal with events?

pinkponytail

So this weekend I've got my Grandfather's 90th birthday party which is being held at a RESTAURANT. Mid September I have my godson's 2nd birthday and my best friend's 30th...

What's the best way to deal with events? I was thinking for my grandfather's birthday I'll take a shake along with me so I can fill up whilst everyone else is eating. I'm only just over a week in and don't want to affect ketosis.

Mid september I'm sure taking a shake along to the kiddy party should be fine, but I might go ahead and do a WM weekend the date of my friend's birthday.

How do the rest of you deal with events? Feedback would be much appreciated and will help me figure out the best way to do it! xx

Hey! Where eating can be avoided, I have a shake before & then arrive and can say I've eaten. If it's totally unavoidable (like going for dinner) I have a look at the menu before hand & get something that won't kick me out of ketosis, steak or something - there's a food list somewhere! The hardest thing for me is avoiding booze, but I have a soda water and pray that no one offers me wine!

Good luck, you can do it! Remember to be kind to yourself & if you do slip a little it's all good, straight back on it after! X

Thank you for the great advice LoveMyCat! Lunch tomorrow is at a restaurant and they've already paid for me, so I'd feel terrible! Now comes the struggle to find Indian food that won't bring me out of ketosis! Nothing gravy based, no rice or breads- I am hoping I'll be able to grab a simple salad and grilled chicken tikka. Fingers crossed!

Back