How do you all keep going

matronix

When posting on site I am amazed at the weight losses, of course and have to take my hat off to you all. :happy096:
How do you keep it up long term, week after week?
Does it get easier? A habit or just pure direction and motivation? :wow:
I know that we all support each other which is great, :D but what do you all do in the quiet times when or if an urge take you to have something to eat. :giveup:The ketosis I am aware already does take the feeling of hunger away which I find great and I have not so far felt tempted to eat anything. But I have only done 10 days where as some of you have done 15/16 weeks and more.
There are some who have had a break and come back to it. What is the impulse that keeps you all going. I suppose I want to arm myself with all these strategies to keep myself on track. So respond in your masses please!!!!!!!!!!!!:talk017:

Well, the longest I ever stayed on the program was 35 days. I certainly found it harder after "cheating". So I'd highly recommend not cheating. That makes it easier. In terms of strategy, I try to occupy myself with other things, and shut down my social life (kind of) because I couldn't guarantee that a night out would not result in slippage. It would certainly result in temptation. Having short term goals helps. Like goal 1, get below Homer Simpsons weight (239 lbs) was mine. I focused on the near term, and not thinking to myself "Wow, 6 more months of THIS???" Another thing I'd do, is look at every bottle of water I drank as a fat reducing liquid. Because I knew that once it was inside me, it would help flush ketones (broken down fat) straight out of me. That was fuel (fat/ketones) I wouldn't have to burn off by walking or exercise. Every drink of water was literally helping me piss away my blubber. That helped me with the water consumption. Finally, I liked to repeat my goals to myself, even it talking to yourself is weird. Aiding the aural sense helped me get positive reinforcement. Not just "you can do this" or "I can do this" but "Remember, this is so you don't have a heart attack at 40 and die at 50."

I channelled my willpower - i never usually have any for any diet. I gave myself a real good talking to.

I have been on it 28 days now - i am not goinggn to lie i get cravings and feel the urge to cheat but i just won't.

what stops me cheating is the fact that i will break ketosis - i even have nightmares about it! LOL

hey hun, i did tfr for 22 weeks, i think the key is really wanting in your heart to lose the weight, i know it sounds daft and kind of obvious but it is true.

i had tried diet after diet and after a week or two i had given up. i think deep down my mind wasn't ready to change the way that i thought about food,the reasons why i ate food and the food that i actually ate. food was at that point my life....

then eventually i realised that food wasnt my life, it was ruling my life but it wasnt the most important thing in my life, it had ruined my life to the point where i didnt even want to leave the house 'which when u have three children,isn't good' i was then a size 26,weighing 17 st 13lbs,bmi 43

i decided that enough was enough, i wanted to try something different that i believed would work, reading up about it, i started lipotrim on the 7th march 2008 and decided that i would not stop until i reached my target weight and i didnt, i never once 'cheated' and to be honest i never really wanted to, it was pure determination that kept me going, looking at that 'fat' photo of me,knowing that i never ever wanted to look like that again,or feel like that ever again, or let food rule my life like that ever again.

i guess it isnt that easy for some people but that is really what kept me going, looking at my kids every day,wanting to be around for them,not wanting to be the mum that all the kids laughed at in the school,not wanting to embarrass my kids,being able to join in with them and to set them a good example so that they could hopefully lead a much healthier lifestyle and not have weight problems.

sorry to waffle but that is my story and lipotrim really did change the way that i look at food altogether. i hope that you succeed, i am sure that you will.

these guys on here are a great help and some really inspirational people...just wish that i had discovered them all before week 19 of my diet lol

all the best hun xxxxxxxxx

Nicki you are so inspiring to me. I have a lot to lose and reading your journey really spurs me on. Your pics are great too. You must be so proud of what you've achieved.

I'm now into week 5 and would be grateful for any advice on how to just keep plodding on. I'm not finding it too hard or anything but just need to keep going now. Well done again, an absolute inspiration!

Not on either of those but I always look forward to your posts cos they are so helpful. If I need any advice I will definitely be asking though. Thanks.

Amazing losses Nicki. Really inspiring Cxx

i think the main reason i keep going and most is just sheer determination although i arent going to be on it as long as some i still am very happy about the progress and try not let the amount of time daunt ya

i know this is a total life change for me and its seriously changed my mind set

Another thing I'd do, is look at every bottle of water I drank as a fat reducing liquid. Because I knew that once it was inside me, it would help flush ketones (broken down fat) straight out of me. That was fuel (fat/ketones) I wouldn't have to burn off by walking or exercise. Every drink of water was literally helping me piss away my blubber.

Haha John! I love that thought!!!

I havent been on it very long, but so far it is just wanting to be happy with myself again.. Im fed up of seeing my reflection and thinking uuuhh..
Im fed up of being worried of meeting new people incase they thought i was too fat.. Things like that... But the most is knowing how much better i will feel when this is all done :)

I was on LT for 34 weeks the first time round. When I first started I only planned to do 6 weeks to kickstart my weightloss but I found this site and loved the losses and stuck with it till Christmas. It was this site and the people on it that were my biggest encouragement and from it I decided to set mini goals - I ended up with 25!!! - and these kept me going too. I also have a nagging teenager daughter who kept me going. In all those 34 weeks I never cheated once, mainly coz I read on here about those who had and regretted it and had difficulty getting back on the wagon, one cheat inevitably leading to more.

I refed at Christmas but made some mistakes - too much salad not enough protein to start with!!!! - then got the choc bug over Christmas and put on too much! I am just finishing another 4 weeks to get me back on track!

Keep coming here and set yourself mini-goals and that will help you too I'm sure.

x

?too much salad -not enough protein

How did this affect you was the carb content to high. Still need to read up on the refeed bit, though not in a rush as only 10days in.

See ! There you go again John

Well, the longest I ever stayed on the program was 35 days. I certainly found it harder after "cheating". So I'd highly recommend not cheating. That makes it easier. In terms of strategy, I try to occupy myself with other things, and shut down my social life (kind of) because I couldn't guarantee that a night out would not result in slippage. It would certainly result in temptation. Having short term goals helps. Like goal 1, get below Homer Simpsons weight (239 lbs) was mine. I focused on the near term, and not thinking to myself "Wow, 6 more months of THIS???" Another thing I'd do, is look at every bottle of water I drank as a fat reducing liquid. Because I knew that once it was inside me, it would help flush ketones (broken down fat) straight out of me. That was fuel (fat/ketones) I wouldn't have to burn off by walking or exercise. Every drink of water was literally helping me piss away my blubber. That helped me with the water consumption. Finally, I liked to repeat my goals to myself, even it talking to yourself is weird. Aiding the aural sense helped me get positive reinforcement. Not just "you can do this" or "I can do this" but "Remember, this is so you don't have a heart attack at 40 and die at 50."
You really are the voice of reason John. Me thinks you do this for a living. You lay the options out, and and all we have to do is decide which way to go with it. A bit of imaging, and Bob's your uncle, "we can see clearly not the rain has gone" Good advice again.
:) thanks John

How did this affect you was the carb content to high. Still need to read up on the refeed bit, though not in a rush as only 10days in.

Not sure, this is what the nice American doc at LT told me. I think it fills the glycogen stores too quickly and you end up storing too much water. I'm starting refeed tomorrow and have already made my lunch ready - much less salad this time! Also I'm holding off the sweeter salad like red pepper, beetroot and carrot for a bit as he also advised. I just have a few mixed leaves, 2 spring onions, a piece of celery, 5 tiny button mushroom and 3 cherry tomatoes. Wish me luck this time!!!:wave_cry:

x

I struggled earlier on in the diet but the quick weight loss is very inspiring. I think instead of thinking how many weeks you have to do this just take one day at a time and then the weeks will fly by. Good luck with your motivation:)

I just look in the mirror :(

Don't you look stunning

hey hun, i did tfr for 22 weeks, i think the key is really wanting in your heart to lose the weight, i know it sounds daft and kind of obvious but it is true.

i had tried diet after diet and after a week or two i had given up. i think deep down my mind wasn't ready to change the way that i thought about food,the reasons why i ate food and the food that i actually ate. food was at that point my life....

then eventually i realised that food wasnt my life, it was ruling my life but it wasnt the most important thing in my life, it had ruined my life to the point where i didnt even want to leave the house 'which when u have three children,isn't good' i was then a size 26,weighing 17 st 13lbs,bmi 43

i decided that enough was enough, i wanted to try something different that i believed would work, reading up about it, i started lipotrim on the 7th march 2008 and decided that i would not stop until i reached my target weight and i didnt, i never once 'cheated' and to be honest i never really wanted to, it was pure determination that kept me going, looking at that 'fat' photo of me,knowing that i never ever wanted to look like that again,or feel like that ever again, or let food rule my life like that ever again.

i guess it isnt that easy for some people but that is really what kept me going, looking at my kids every day,wanting to be around for them,not wanting to be the mum that all the kids laughed at in the school,not wanting to embarrass my kids,being able to join in with them and to set them a good example so that they could hopefully lead a much healthier lifestyle and not have weight problems.

sorry to waffle but that is my story and lipotrim really did change the way that i look at food altogether. i hope that you succeed, i am sure that you will.

these guys on here are a great help and some really inspirational people...just wish that i had discovered them all before week 19 of my diet lol

all the best hun xxxxxxxxx
I suppose it is all down to committment and determination, choices. It's not in the lap of the gods merely in mine. You look wonderful and your boys are so cute. You must have done loads of exercise as you look very toned. Good on you!

So far what's kept me going are the quick losses. It would have taken me about 5 months to lose this much on SW and it has only taken me 4 weeks on here. I know future losses wont be as much but that doesn't bother me. I want to be healthier and fitter and with encouragement and support I will get there. This site has a lot to do with keeping you going. I love it!

Back