how do you control your urges????

x.squiggy.x

hi everyone!

have done so well this week and stuck to the plan 100% and already feel better for it after a few weeks off!!

Its lady week this week and the past two nights have had some major cravings!!

Just wondering, how does everybody cope when they are craving the fattiest foods and do you do any thing for it??

Thanks!!

I find that when im craving something that badly i.e sugar then sometimes I cave and have an extra Alpen Light bar or two, I know it should be synned but in my opinion its better another couple of these than losing complete control and gorging on biscuits, chocolate and sweets. It normally sorts the job for me.

If im having cravings for something savoury then I go for SW style potato wedges with a bit of mayo, yummy!

Other than that keeping busy is my only suggestion in the hope that the craving will pass, distraction methods normally fail me though so im only delaying the inevitable.

My cravings start at night, so I've started eating later in the day. So Breakfast at 11-12, Lunch at around 3-4pm, Dinner at 7-8pm (before Eastenders). Also may have some snacks like Alpen Light, Shapes yougurts or drink when I think I feel hungry as it may just be thirst.
Everyone is different, but these have worked for me.

I once realised that almost all my bad cravings came after eating white pasta or rice. Once I had realised I tried to avoid large portions of them, especially in the evening, otherwise I could have literally ate until my head exploded!

Other than that, I allow myself some real chocolate within syn allowance, making sure I saved them all for treats in the evening (tonight I am having 6 quality street for 12 syns)

xx

use the power of thought, and have discussion withmyself - evualating whether it really is worth the pleasure for two minutes or delayd gratifcation (when I get a lose) which is worth the pain!!!

Apparently, (and I was told this by a gynecologist) that if you suffer with PMS/cravings/cramps etc. basically anything womanly each month, eat bananas, a couple a day, for 7 - 10 before your cycle is due. I can't say if it works or not as its not relevant to me anymore, but my daughter does it and she is no longer At-tiller the Hun each month and she doesn't eat as much chocolate either. She does still get the cramps though. But hey, its an improvement.

Apparently, (and I was told this by a gynecologist) that if you suffer with PMS/cravings/cramps etc. basically anything womanly each month, eat bananas, a couple a day, for 7 - 10 before your cycle is due. I can't say if it works or not as its not relevant to me anymore, but my daughter does it and she is no longer At-tiller the Hun each month and she doesn't eat as much chocolate either. She does still get the cramps though. But hey, its an improvement.
Wowzers- that's really interesting

What happens if you dip the bananas in chocolate?:D

thank you!! really dont want to cave on my first week!! got just bad willpower! if a thought pops in my head that i want something bad, i just give in, then i think well iv buggered it now so i might as well have something else!! coco pops are the worst (im a cereal girl) i could eat the hole box if i started!! :)

yeah, if I get cravings I usually make some McCain's Rustic Chips, and some Low Fat Mayo & that cheers me up. Either that or I eat about 12 tubs of grapes :p

For me, when its Lady Week, I try to fill up on free food... For example I had dinner about an hour ago and am eating a veggi bowl with chive chip.. Its a massive bowl but its all free !! Also, I save my syns for the evening! A two finger kitkat and a bag of wotsits kind of do it for me :D Or a curley wurley for 6 syns!! If you freeze them they last longer... And I heard somewhere if you freeze maltesers they are really nice and last a while.. forgot how many syns though! Also picking up on what someone else said.. WATER.. Drink a pint of water wait 10 mins and you shouldn't be hungry! xx

I usually get the 'munchies' in the evening when I settle down to watch the TV, so out comes my Cross Stitch, that keeps my hands busy and the nibbles out of my mouth.

I remember when they were 10p!! They are 25p now lol! Goshhh xFor 6 syns you can have two if you wanted.. Also jafa cakes are 2.5 so you can have quite a few of those if you like :) Also a bag of walkers french fry things (the skinny ones) are just 4syns :D

i used to love the Taz bars (like freddo's but caramel in the middle)when i was little they were 10p!! mmmm jaffa cakes!!! your making me worse i want to eat them all now!!!! :)

Well we are aloud them! Remember we arnt deprived lol... what do u usually spend your syns on then? xx

Taz bars!!! Nam nam!!

I usually go for fruit, but have been known to eat all the fruit and then have what I was craving for anyway. If i suspect that this is the case, then I will just have a bit of what I crave and a drink of water/low cal lemonade and try to fill my tummy with fizz and satisfy my craving with a small amount.

I did buy the desserts cook book from class a couple of weeks ago and not tried it yet, but did see some low syn options in there. its worth a look.

ta ta for now :D

I really really want a curly wurly now!! Haven't had one in years - might have to venture out in the snow tomorrow :p

What other low syn chocolate options are there??

xx

hi everyone!

have done so well this week and stuck to the plan 100% and already feel better for it after a few weeks off!!

Its lady week this week and the past two nights have had some major cravings!!

Just wondering, how does everybody cope when they are craving the fattiest foods and do you do any thing for it??

Thanks!!

:) hiya, i have the same probs but my munchies start a good week before as the hormones build up...ive started taking evening primrose oil tabs...well back in sept last yr...i find they help but if you stop taking them-as i did- the munchies come back quite quickly :sigh: so not sure if its a placebo effect lol

I just have to make sure when i feel like that that i use my sins to allow myself to have a proper fried egg...or the odd slice of full sized bread and marg/marmalade..or any sinned food i fancy and will absolutley die if i dont have right now!! lol...like chels said we are allowed anything within the framework of the plan!

when hormones strike i try to avoid choccie tho as the combination isnt good for me anymore...even a hi lite can set me off craving lol...oh and dunno who said bout bananas but think i may try it lol

Back