How do you convince yourself a pound is a good loss?

I tried really really hard this week .... Only lost a pound.... Feeling really deflated :confused:

if you lose 1lb a week over a year thats 52 pounds or 3 and half stone which by your stats would take you to target :)

images

this is 'just a pound of fat'

you're doing great keep going xx

1lb is a step in the right direction, it will soon add up. Don't be disheartened :)

I frequently lost only half a pound a week! Do you feel better now :) Seriously I would be pleased with the loss, my c said that 1 - 2 lbs a week is the best way to go. So give yourself a pat on the back youre doing so well.

There will be days where you won't lose and even that is better than putting weight on ;) losing a pound is way better than gaining! So your doing ok mate find a few threads on here that state they have gained and let them know how you feel and I bet they would be well pleased for you and they would be asking you how did it. Good luck :)

Only 1 lb! Please read!!
Hello:wave_cry: do you know me?
If you don't, you should.
I am a pound of fat, and I'm the happiest pound you should ever wish to meet.

Want to know why?:confused:
It's because noone ever wants to lose me;I'm only a pound, just a pound.:sigh:
Everyone wants to lose 3 pounds, 5 pounds, or 6 pounds, but never 1, so I just stick around and happily keep you fat. :whistle:
Then I add to myself ever so slyly so that you never seem to notice iit, that is until I've
grown to 10, 20 or even more in weight.:eek:
Yes it's fun being a pound of fat, being left to do as I please.;)
So when you weigh in,keep right on saying
Oh I only lost a pound!":faint2:
(as if that were such a terrible thing!):D

For you see, if you do this, you'll encourage others to keep me around because they will think I'm not worth losing.
And I love being around you - your arms, your legs, your chin, your hips and every part of you.

Happy days!!:sign0151: :bliss:

A loss is a loss at the end of the day no matter how much or how little. Have you seen how much 1lb of fat is? that's alot! I've lost 3.5lbs so far, I didn't think it was that much until I did this ( now im not sure if this is something I should be proud of or not!) I have rather large breasticles so, I decided one day I wanted to know how much they weighed..it came to 7lbs combined, therefore 3.5lbs per boob. Now 3.5lbs doesnt sound alot to me but then when I look at the size of my boobs and go "I lost one of you" that is a great achievement. I'm not saying you should weigh your body parts to make it seem better but 1lb of fat is a massive amount and you should be so pleased with yourself. You've gotten rid of 3500 extra calories. Pat on the back for you m'love xx

How would you feel if you gained a pound? Would you still think "oh its only a pound" or would you be really annoyed? ;)

You did really well! The weight didnt go on in the space of a few weeks, it wont come off that way either. Keep going hun, keep chipping away at it!

Thanks everyone .... That's a lot to think about. :)
Love the poem!

must try to remember the two packs of butter thing ..... And that pic of a pound of fat! I'll try not to remember the weighing of the breasts though lol !!! I think the thing that's keeping me going at the moment is thinking of two packs of butter off my torso and internal organs. The wish to look less portly from the side is strong at the moment ... Just impatient now as i can see the weight loss slowing ....

you're at the beginning of your journey horsey gal, you will have 'good weeks' and 'bad weeks' but the outcome of your journey will be a slimmer and healthier you, give yourself a break and keep plodding on.

Do some measurements of yourself and, I know its hard, but take some pics front on and sideways to compare with as you go along. Maybe redo your measurements every month, and watch yourself shrink.

As was mentioned above, it didn't get there quickly so it'll take a while to come off too, but remember the hare and the tortoise....... xx

I always visualise 2 packs of lard - yuch horrible stuff

Last edited:
I 'only' lost a pound this week too, but I was delighted! That's another one gone! WooHoo!! :D

Do you have 500g of mince meat at home or something? Feel it :) That's a 1lb lost.

You are doing great, just remember, how would you have felt if you had gained or maintained? You'd feel much more deflated wouldn't you :(

Keep it up. I think we all get a bit deflated when we've only lost a pound. I lost only half a pound and kept thinking things like 'I've not done my magic wee' etc lol.

Well after all that last week ..... My hard work paid off and I lost three and a half pounds ..... Yipeeee:)

I copied and laminated this ages ago and stuck in on my fridge along with the tin of tomatoes one.

ONEPOUNDOFFAT_zps07d1be41.jpg

Back