How do you cope with going out for the day?

5stone2lose

Starting again...
I have 3 kids and its the summer holidays, How do I cope with doing this diet and being away from home for the day... for example, we live near the sea, I took the kids down the beach with my hubby.
We took a picnic , they all happly eat the picnic but im stuck not being able to have anything as i have no hot water for soup ( not easy for soup on beach) and no blender to mix a milkshake up with, also I needed the toilet every 5 mins and sat there for a hour dieing for the loo which was a mile away I couldnt drink anymore as i was about to explode. It was a nightmare, how do you cope??? I need expert advice, Im doing ligherlife by the way!

Can't help much re needing the loo, other than pick where you go carefully!

I take a small plastic bowl with me and I make up a shake into a mousse.

I also get two bars a week and keep them in the fridge "just in case" - obviously you can only have one bar a day but it does help.

We went away last weekend and I took a hand blender and jug with me and made my soups up in the hotel room. I had one minor disaster when I decided to join the family for breakfast and stir a vanilla shake into coffee - bleugh lumps!

It isn't "easy" but it is doable!

I agree the loo is a difficult one and bars are great for days out but you can get a battery operated hand blender. Someone told me that they got from Aldi for a fiver.

sugarplum said:
I agree the loo is a difficult one and bars are great for days out but you can get a battery operated hand blender. Someone told me that they got from Aldi for a fiver.

Yeah I need a battery operated one that would save alot of trouble and also spare batterys too lol:)

"How do you cope with going out for the day?"

Not very well is the answer to that one :(

I don't go out enough to have mastered it yet :eek:

I did have 2 bars in one day once. I know you are not supposed to because of constipation and let's just say there would be no danger of that happening ;)

My water consumption suffers too. It drops by 2 litres to the minimum 4 litres because of the loo break problem and it also goes all eratic.

I suppose the diet all goes to pot because on a day out I am just thinking about everyone elses needs.

I could make a muffin or some crisps to take with me and take a bar too.

The big problem is thinking about drinking the water consistently - not to mention being strong enough to carry it all :eek:

Back