How do you cope with going out for the day?

Discussion in 'Very Low Calorie Diets' started by 5stone2lose, 27 July 2006 Social URL.

1. 5stone2lose

5stone2lose Starting again...

Start Weight:
    16st12lb
    Current Weight:
    16st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(4.66%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge diet 810 plan
    I have 3 kids and its the summer holidays, How do I cope with doing this diet and being away from home for the day... for example, we live near the sea, I took the kids down the beach with my hubby.
    We took a picnic , they all happly eat the picnic but im stuck not being able to have anything as i have no hot water for soup ( not easy for soup on beach) and no blender to mix a milkshake up with, also I needed the toilet every 5 mins and sat there for a hour dieing for the loo which was a mile away I couldnt drink anymore as i was about to explode. It was a nightmare, how do you cope??? I need expert advice, Im doing ligherlife by the way!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Flopster

Flopster Got a life thank you!

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    Can't help much re needing the loo, other than pick where you go carefully!

I take a small plastic bowl with me and I make up a shake into a mousse.

I also get two bars a week and keep them in the fridge "just in case" - obviously you can only have one bar a day but it does help.

We went away last weekend and I took a hand blender and jug with me and made my soups up in the hotel room. I had one minor disaster when I decided to join the family for breakfast and stir a vanilla shake into coffee - bleugh lumps!

It isn't "easy" but it is doable!

4. sugarplum

sugarplum Regular Member

I agree the loo is a difficult one and bars are great for days out but you can get a battery operated hand blender. Someone told me that they got from Aldi for a fiver.

5. 5stone2lose

5stone2lose Starting again...

Start Weight:
    16st12lb
    Current Weight:
    16st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(4.66%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge diet 810 plan
    Yeah I need a battery operated one that would save alot of trouble and also spare batterys too lol:)

6. chicken on a mission

chicken on a mission Restarting to lose 4stone

Diet:
    LighterLife then CD
    "How do you cope with going out for the day?"

Not very well is the answer to that one :(

I don't go out enough to have mastered it yet :eek:

I did have 2 bars in one day once. I know you are not supposed to because of constipation and let's just say there would be no danger of that happening ;)

My water consumption suffers too. It drops by 2 litres to the minimum 4 litres because of the loo break problem and it also goes all eratic.

I suppose the diet all goes to pot because on a day out I am just thinking about everyone elses needs.

I could make a muffin or some crisps to take with me and take a bar too.

The big problem is thinking about drinking the water consistently - not to mention being strong enough to carry it all :eek:

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.