how do you cope with weekend?

Helcatt

I have found it really hard! Yesterday was not too bad but today....

Luckily, hubby normally does the cooking,.I love my food and I have ended up picking! Saying to myself that it's only a little, it won't hurt. And I'm almost having an argument in my own head about should I or shouldn't I!

I am just so glad that these meals are so easy to prepare/warm up or I would eat loads while sorting it.

Friday was great, but I was really busy with work, which took my mind off it

But on the plus side, it really does make me see where I have been going wrong with my portion control and hopefully, after 3 months, it won't be the issue that it is now

I coped well with breakfast today. I played a game on my phone while eating, which really slowed me down, and I think that helped.

My picking has meant that I am about 150 calories over, but no where near as much as I was eating this time last week, so got to look at the positives!

Hx

I think for me it's about keeping busy. This weekend I've tackled more clearing out of clothes .... chests of drawers and wardrobes. Oh boy, what a task! Clothes everywhere! It was bound to get worse before it got better ... and it's certainly worse at the moment - 2 spare rooms look like a bomb's hit them! I have made some progress though and have a sack full for the charity shop. Washed some tops to freshen them up, then ironed them. Have started to sort clothes so T-shirts are together, so are trousers, jeans etc. So right now I'm in the middle of sorting stuff and will continue with it next weekend. I can't believe I've got so many clothes! But it's certainly kept me busy this weekend in between doing the usual errands and exercise.

It sounds like you're doing fine. Just think of your goal and how good you're going to feel when you start making significant progress towards it. Just keep going - we all have some setbacks along the way but as long as you keep moving in the right direction, you're going to be thrilled with the results!

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I think being busy is the key. Plus also, leaving hubby to do the cooking for the time being.

He came in with a takeaway for me last night and was shocked that I said no! I was shocked too as I love a cook curry.

I said to him that we'll book a babysitter for 6 Weeks time and I'll have a night off and eat and drink what I like then. And then, go back to it.

We are supporting each other as he is trying to give up smoking, so there are likely to be two grumpy people in the house. But good that we are doing something together and can hopefully keep each other going. Scales ere looking good this morning, but official weigh in is going to be weds am!

Hope your day goes well!

Hx

It depends how serious your hubby thinks you are about this cos it's a bit cruel coming home with a takeaway for you otherwise! If that was me, I'd probably have eaten it and felt bad afterwards so well done you for resisting! I'm sure he wouldn't appreciate you lighting up a cigarette in front of him :)

It's good you both have the tough goals rather than just one of you - you should definitely have a treat in mind together for that 6 week 'milestone' to reward you both for your good work!

I'm travelling for the next few days so face the usual challenges of having limited access to healthy choices but I'll do my best! I had a poached egg on a piece of wholemeal toast this morning (no butter) and found it was actually fewer calories than a diet chef breakfast! Had an apple mid-morning and it'll soon be lunchtime so the soup will make its usual appearance!

Have a good day too!

Tracey

I am in two minds. Hubby has seen me start these things before and generally fail quite quickly,.so I can see him wondering.

But equally, he had had a good drink yesterday,.so maybe he just wasn't thinking. He didn't get cross when I said no to food and didn't try to tempt me with it......

Good luck with travelling, that is where I have failed before, I can do ok at home but when out is harder. But I don't have to do that very often, you sounds like you travel quite a bit got work, so makes it hard to keep the resolve going

Today has gone well so far, I've not struggled so much after breakfast and did get to 1 pm before starting to feel ready for lunch. No snack in between, am saving that for the mid afternoon slump.

I could happily sleep now though....

Just wait ... a few weeks in and you've seen the results on the scales, you get confirmation you CAN do this ... and it's not really as hard as you might think once your body adjusts. Don't be hungry - grab a banana or some other fruit if you're saving your snack for later. And pop into this Forum if you need more encouragement .... you'll be so glad you stuck to it. I could think of so many things I was putting off "until I lost weight" .... eg. going back to the gym, going swimming, going horseriding, going for my 2-yearly medical check (cos they'd say I needed to lose weight and I knew that but would be embarrassed at being told). So far I've done all those things apart from the medical check which I will do in the summer. So maybe also think what losing weight could mean you could do that you wouldn't do now.

I think getting started is the hardest bit. Get over that hump and you'll be fine!! :)

Why not try a healthy snack rather than a carby snack :). I'm not sure if nuts (not salted peanuts tho) and seeds are part of the diet chief plan? But I find a few almonds hit the spot :)

Back