How do you cope?

emmaleighjohnson

Pink and Fluffy Poster
:confused:

I am personally doing well with the diet, in so much as I’ve not had anything to eat and have had little urge to eat. However, I am feeling absolutely awful physically which I am starting to attribute to the diet. I am experiencing dizziness during the day to the point of almost fainting several times a day.

I can now not walk from the office, up the stairs and to the reception without having to stop. I walked to Boots yesterday to pick up a prescription and actually had to stop. I’ve also had to stop on my (very short) cycle to work. I’ve read on here that apparently this is probably low blood pressure which is a relatively common side effect of the diet.

I feel like I have no energy which is negatively impacting on my life. I want to lose weight but I also want to be able to continue cycling to work, walking to places and being active like I want to be. I am now feeling like driving to places rather than walking which seems like a step backwards in improving my life. I work in the courts and have to stand and sit several times an hour; today I was mortified to almost faint in open court.

I’ve had to give up running training in the evenings since damaging my back (gave up for a week) but I should be back running this evening.

I really don’t want to do myself any harm by living my life the way I want to i.e. being active and using the Cambridge Diet at the same time.

I certainly don’t want to give up the diet (although I seem to have reached a three day plateau) I just wanted to see who else was out there feeling like this and ask you how you cope... :wave_cry:

Hi

Most of the time I do feel okay on the diet, but sometimes I feel so dog tired I fall asleep in front on my PC.

Looking at your weightloss you have done fantastically well and don't have far to go. In your shoes I would go up to a plan that involves food so I could continue with the exercise. In all honesty your losses probably won't be that much different but you should feel better. Why not try it for a week or two and see how you get on.

Good luck and hope you feel better soon x

How tall are you Emma? Are you having enough packs?

How about trying 4 packs a day anyway or splitting your three so you have 6 small meals, this may up your sugar levels and make you feel better. Also drinking the flavoured water may make you feel a lot better as its an extra boost.

You have done so well so far. xxxx

So you weigh the same as me - 10 13 and a half! I am 2 inches shorter than you and to be honest I feel the same today. I dont feel like i have to stop walking, i do have energy but its funny how my weight has stopped at this weight also and its so frustrating.

Your body is telling you to slow down - so you must - you need to relax and take it easy other wise you will hurt yourself.

Go home tonight, have a nice bath and go to bed early - it will make you feel better.

Dont put pressure on yourself to feel great because you will feel lousy some of the time!!!

xx

If we weigh the same and you're shorter than me... how come you look so fantastic in your photos and I'm still a chubby sod?

Not... Fair... I am going to go sulk now...

Hehe!

If we weigh the same and you're shorter than me... how come you look so fantastic in your photos and I'm still a chubby sod?

Not... Fair... I am going to go sulk now...

Hehe!

Right that does it! Put a picture up now!!

You are 10 13 yes? And you are 5 foot 6 yes?

So you must be a size 12?

How can u be chubby! I bet u arent!

Interesting to see that you are also having problems as you get closer to target. Did you struggle before?

Can totally relate to the holding on to things, every time I stood up from my desk today I had to hold the desk for a few seconds until my head caught up with me. The one time I don't I collapse, not good with a whole queue of kids at the door!

I've only been on the CD for 15 days. I lost the rest of the weight through Slimming World. I gained a little back and wanted a nice strong push to get rid of the last of it.

I've not had an add a meal week because I've not been doing it long enough yet. My counsellor said that I can have an add a meal week after 12 weeks or when I reach my target, whichever is sooner. Damn! I don't know how I'll cope that long hehe!

I was wondering if the bars might help. I only have shakes at the moment.

I didn't know CD could cause low blood pressure! This is the first time I've heard that. Is it very common? I always feel great on the diet. Once ketosis kicks in I'm usually full of energy, sleep better, skin and nails improve etc.

Hi

You can do what plan suits you hun, if you want to do the add a meal or the 810 plan, thats entirely up to you not your cousellor. You don't have to SS xx

My nails are looking good and my skin is very soft (although my face is a bit greasy lately). I just feel like fainting a lot.

I drink two 1.5 litre bottles of water a day and then have tea and coffee on top of that.

I only have the three shakes and spread these out over the day. I'm not yet allowed bars or meals because I've not been doing it long enough.

Whats your BMI at the moment??

Why not do SS+ and see if that helps. Apperently the difference in lbs lost is minimal to when you're on SS. You shouldn't really do straineous exercise for the frst 2 weeks on CD thousg, so perhaps thats why you are finding it tough running and cycling?! I am on week 5 and it is just now that I hav the energy to go fort short runs or longer walks, still feeling really fatigues though so I have also started taking multivit supplements.

Hope you feel better soon!!

Hi

You can do what plan suits you hun, if you want to do the add a meal or the 810 plan, thats entirely up to you not your cousellor. You don't have to SS xx

Isn't she the expert? I've been the master of my own destiny where food is involved before and that's why I was nearly 17st hehe!

Hasn't she explained all the plans to you? you don't have to SS until you reach goal. You can do any of the plans that you like. If she is telling you that is all you can do, its wrong. Maybe a CD counsellor is about who can comment?
x

My BMI is 23.7. I dicussed my running etc. before I started and I was told that because I was running regularly and cycling daily before I started the plan it was ok for me to continue.

I took my training schedule to her on our first session and explained my cycle frequency e.g. 1 mile to work, 6 miles to college, 10 miles to court etc.

EDITED TO ADD: My BMI here represents my current weight according to my scales and not those of my CDC.

Last edited:
If you are 5ft 6in and weigh 10st 13lbs, that makes your BMI 24something so you shouldn't be doing ss at all! - i think it can be dangerous to do ss at a bmi of under 25 as your body doesn't have enough 'reserves' (fat) to live off and this is why you will be feeling faint.
Did your CDC not check your BMI?
you can do a plan that involves a meal in the evening, you should still lose the last bit of weight fast, but without putting your health at risk.

I was surpised so I wrote what she said down verbatum because I wanted to be sure. She said SS for 12 weeks or until target, then add a meal if not at target then SS for a further 12 weeks.

Once at target go up each of the steps for two weeks at a time.

Back