How do you count this?

flutterbyuk25

Hey all

Another question from me.

If I make something that as a whole is all free food but has 2 HEA's (cheese) and 1 HEB (shredded wheat) in it, and I only eat a portion of it, do I need to count the HE's when I eat the rest as leftovers through the week? Or is it enough to count them as that first day's HE's

I'm making a lentil pie, which has shredded wheat to bind it and is cheese topped. But it will be massive, say 8 slices. If I eat 2 for dinner then I will use the rest in week.

I hope this makes sense

x

i think maybe if it makes 4 portion count 1/2 a hexa per portion and the syn the wheet and divide by 4?
im new so not sure!

I would calculate syns for the whole lot, and then work out syns per portion, and keep your HEXs for something else.

Yep I do it using syns rather than part HE's too - HE's need to be eaten daily, so you can't count them is using part today & the rest for the remainder of the week, IYSWIM??

I have no idea, but I would really like the recipe, please :D

Ok guys thanks for replies. I guess I'll have to syn the things that would be HE's.

Recipe:

Makes enough for 8 slices

Place 1 mug of washed red lentils in cold water, add bay leaf (if you have one), bring to boil (without lid) simmer until soft & mushy

When soft add (optional) 1 tspn or so of butter or marge, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, Salt&Pepper to taste

Add a beaten egg when mixture is coolish (cos otherwise it will scramble!)

Separately, in a fryingpan sprayed with frylight soften 1 chopped onion, garlic to taste, mixed herbs-generous, 1 shredded wheat or 1 thick slice of bread-crumbed(if mixture sloppy add more bread)

Add this mix to lentils, mix & place in tin or dish, top with grated cheese cook in middle of oven- gas mark 5 for 20-30 mins - until cheese melted & browned.

So I reckon this works out as 2 x 28g cheddar = 12syns, 1 x shredded wheat = 3.5syns, optional marg = 2syns which equals 17.5 syns. So just over 2 syns per portion.

I use eat this as part of a veggie roast dinner. And it tastes yummy cold so was going to take it too work for lunches. It can be frozen too.

x

no you cant do that hun, thats like saying because you ate an entire days worth of superfree food and nothing else.. but didnt have any on any other day of the week, you still had 1/3 superfree with every meal.. it just doesnt work like that unfortuantly lol

i would either eat the entire thing :D lol.. eat it in halfs, using a HEA and what ever half the syns of shredded wheat would be per half.. or as suggested, figureing out syns for all ingrediants and devide..

most HE's are 6 synish.. so that'd be about 18 devided between 8.. 2.5 per slice?? x

Back