1. I time myself, I drink 2 litres before 12pm, I drink another 2 before 5pm and then I drink 2 in the evening before bedtime. Not only does this allow you to keep track of the amount you have drunk it also stops you drinking too much at once and having a very dodgy tummy resulting in a trip to the loo !
2. Do not drink it cold, if you drink it cold you cannot drink anywhere near as much and also it is more likely to upset your stomach. Therefore make sure it is room temperature water i.e. don't put a bottle in the fridge and don't buy a bottle in the Supermarket/Shop that is in a chiller cabinet.
3. I drink from 2 litres bottles but I pour them into a 500ml high tumbler glass, I recommend you drink from a large glass as if you drink from the bottle you won't drink anywhere near as much as it can't pour as quickly into your mouth. Also sports caps on bottles means you would take a month to drink 6 litres so a glass is an absolute must!
4. When drinking the water don't think about it, think about something else i.e. what's on TV tonight etc. I find I can literally drink nearly the whole glass if I just keep glugging it and think of Norwich winning the premiership ;-). If you think about the water you won't drink very much and also you will start to gag (not nice!)
5. Keep a note on paper of how much you are drinking each day, I find the fact that I managed to drink 6 litres yesterday on paper makes me think I can do it today and then tomorrow.
6. JUST KEEP THINKING THE MORE WATER YOU DRINK THE QUICKER YOU CAN STOP THIS DIET AND GET BACK TO A NORMAL LIFE AGAIN.