How do you find the flavours - esp the new carbonara - please join in....

ButtonsTheSuperCat

Silver Member
Have been on just shakes for the past week, so this was eagerly anticipated, with some trepidation - I have heard a lot of conflicting reports about this flavour. IMHO it's creamy, not too cheesy, not too smokey, don't expect it to be thick, it's more like noodle soup, left to stand long enough for the pasta to be tender, added a touch of seasonall to give it a kick and had the first real tasting food I've eaten in seven days! ;)

(I do have a funny taste in my mouth, but I've had that a few days now anyway, think it could possibly be due to ketosis, not blaming the carbonara!)

Going to report on the other flavours as I try them, but not all at once :flirt2: (old eating habits are out! lol)

I am looking forward to trying the carbonara. I liked the Thai chicken soup, split it in half and added extra water as its quite creamy and thick.. Put a little paprika in the second cup with black pepper, was yummy. Have you tried any others yet? X

Well, I just had a vanilla shake for my tea, but I'd read somewhere that you could cook it on the hob and make it more like custard... maybe I used too much water, maybe I should've blitzed it in the blender first, but I ended up with a runny, lumpy drink! Blitzed it hot (nearly took the blender lid off!) which fixed the lumps and made it frothy, added a good sprinkling of nutmeg and it made a tasty hot drink! Not quite the vanilla taste I'm used to (erm, MacD vanilla
shake!) but was pretty tasty :)

Well, I just had a vanilla shake for my tea, but I'd read somewhere that you could cook it on the hob and make it more like custard... maybe I used too much water, maybe I should've blitzed it in the blender first, but I ended up with a runny, lumpy drink! Blitzed it hot (nearly took the blender lid off!) which fixed the lumps and made it frothy, added a good sprinkling of nutmeg and it made a tasty hot drink! Not quite the vanilla taste I'm used to (erm, MacD vanilla
shake!) but was pretty tasty :)

That sounds nice, I had the vanilla for breakfast and put coffee in one half, not bad! Tasted like a soy milk latte x

Ohh you can make a custard with the vanilla?? Where did you see that?

You can make a custard/pudding with any of the shakes, just add a small amount of water and mix into a paste, I do it sometimes with the chocolate.

I used to make like a mousse thing when I was on Lipotrim lol

You can make a custard/pudding with any of the shakes, just add a small amount of water and mix into a paste, I do it sometimes with the chocolate.

I'll try again but without adding all the water at once! (more can't cook, than won't cook! Lol)

I might try that with the banana one, banana custard sounds good! I'm sure you can make a banaana muffin too? def want to try thst

having the porridge for breakfast - smooth, creamy, sweet - another yummy dish, reminds me of baby food ;-) oooooooh, its so good!

The porridge definitely tastes like Rusks to me! I like it on cold evenings (which are happening a lot lately - grr weather)

Thai chicken soup for lunch, was a bit too thick so added a bit more boiling water, blended it - another yummy hit! (Just wish there was more, having a hungry day!) So far it does seem these foods are all creamy, which actually suits me, and fairly sweet (but not too sweet) IMHO a blender is essential, I don't think I could handle lumps of congealed powder! I don't think they are quite as filling as the slimfast shakes, not as thick maybe or not quite as much volume? But its a sacrifice worth making for the variation in flavours.

i think it depends on how you serve your shake / meal pack to yourself depends on how full i feel! lol

it sound sooo random like - but i always feel really full after the pasta or the porridge cus i eat them from a bowl and with a tea spoon - whereas with the shakes if i just pop the little cap up on it and drink it it feels like it only lasted a second and didnt fill be at all but if i take the lid off properly and drink it like its from a cup or put it in a cup i feel fuller lol!!

I know what you mean, I realised that drinking the shakes through a straw out of a sundae glass I picked up from poundland makes it feel like a real treat, like you are in some American milkshake bar :) and it lasts so much longer and looks to much more as the shake fits perfectly in it :) xx

Ohh I might hit pound land and see if I can get one of them! Lol

Just had the tomato & basil soup. Very weird and somewhat unpleasant. Too creamy and a bit slimy even. First pack I've found not so yum. Thank goodness I only have a few sachets!

Just had my 1st carbonara. Was really nervous about hating it. bought a box of 50 before reading some people saying it was horrible and convinced myself I was going to hate it. Thankfully I actually like it :)

Lol I stay well clear of the soups lol!

Glad you liked he carbonara I love it =)

Back