How do you get through the evenings?

temo

Hi everyone!
I have been trying to get back on track but keep failing!! I can easily get through the day at work with a bar and a chicken salad. My problem is the evening!
I end up coming home and eating ALL the wrong things for tea plus snacks! >___<
I just seem to lose focus once I'm home and don't even attempt a meal pack for tea - I just head straight to "normal food"

So what do you all do of an evening to stay on track and focused when your tired after a long day at work? Any tips would be appreciated! :D

temo_gemo said:
Hi everyone!
I have been trying to get back on track but keep failing!! I can easily get through the day at work with a bar and a chicken salad. My problem is the evening!
I end up coming home and eating ALL the wrong things for tea plus snacks! >___<
I just seem to lose focus once I'm home and don't even attempt a meal pack for tea - I just head straight to "normal food"

So what do you all do of an evening to stay on track and focused when your tired after a long day at work? Any tips would be appreciated! :D

I tend to leave it as late as possible to have my first pack, and then that gives me more options later in the day. Drink lots as well-it certainly helps. Do you do long days in work?

Sent from Jo's iPhone using MiniMins

Hiya,
I usually work from 7am-4pm but it changes daily. I have my bar for breakfast around 10am and have the chicken salad any time between 12-2pm. Now I don't find I'm hungry when I go home, I just have a strong desire to go relax and eat! Like at this moment for example, all I can think about is what am I going to have for tea tonight!

I've found sometimes its best to have tea/coffee/water at breakfast time and have breakfast at lunchtime a shake mid afternoon, lunch at dinner time and a small meal later on..... If you know what I mean lol

Why don't you have a bar for breakfast, chicken salad for lunch, then for dinner have macaroni cheese over cauli with a chocolate mousse for desert? Might make you feel like you are having a proper dinner? x

I tend to have a meal pack with veg for dinner plus a bar around 7.30 / 8pm with lots of sparkling water to fill me up - seems to work for me as it makes me feel like am having a proper meal.

a nice hot bath followed by a coffee with a bar cut up into bits so i can suck on them mmmm

I don't usually have my first pack till noon that helps

I'll get home from work, do any jobs, have a cuppa tea or three. Have a bottle of water

Fix a meal pack with veg or protein late evening. Then later on do pudding with a crispy shake or nibble a big bowl of stir fry veggies. Or make myself a latte with my milk allowance whilst I'm studying

All about timing I find and spacing

Have veg cut up, protein to nibble on. Drinks you love at hand - herbal tea, coffee, zero .. all helps

Xxx

I also don't have my first pack til midday. I have half a meal pack with half my veg allowance and half my meat together. I follow that with half a bar and half a crispy shake made into a pudding. I repeat the same at 6 or 7 pm. I usually have a half of a different meal pack mixed with diff veg and a diff meat option for tea. Or I might have the same if I I joyed it.

i also start the day with a pint of weak fresh coffee and then tend to have mint tea for the rest of the day.

i find if I start my packs too early I feel I want more packs later. If I'm having a wobbling day I also may not have the bar until the end of the day as it has the tendency to give me a bit of the munches.

anyway I find having 2 good meals a day followed by a pudding is very doable :)

Back