How do you get through the first week?

have lots of cups of tea or hot water or coffee, If you feel really crap have an extra pack or extra protein, better than giving up full stop. Early night, lots of cosy layers of clothes, I find watching tv programs about people eating crap and being fat or doing diets and losing weight quite motivating..

yeah what meoww said!
also dont think its going to always feel as crappy as it does now , your mind will battle you these first few days (ya know telling you how could do WW or SW or some other diet youv tried and failed at)
I bet you will be in ketosis tomorrow and feeling fabulous , stay strong!
Jo x

It can be very hard and you feel hungry and like cr*p. but you have to remember why you are doing it and stay positive. Day 5 for me was a revelation... I suddenly felt completely amazing! Keep going it will get better xx

Ooh and if you are cold, try having the shakes hot.. (Made up as normal then 1 min 40 in the microwave) they seem more satisfying somehow and certainly warm you up... Vanilla with a spoonful of coffee, caramel, cafe latte, chocolate, even the strawberry was yum! :)

How much do you want it? If you're struggling on day 3 maybe your head isn't in the right place? This diet is harder mentally than it is physically :(

Take a picture of yourself in your underwear and put it as your desktop wallpaper... That'll keep you on the straight and narrow ;)

Just drink loads of water and remember why you're dieting in the first place, you'll be rete

This diet is harder mentally than it is physically :(

I couldn't agree more.. it's all in the head... the desire for food is so strong, but you need to occupy your mind elsewhere and try not to give in.

Good luck!!

How much do you want it? If you're struggling on day 3 maybe your head isn't in the right place? This diet is harder mentally than it is physically :(

Take a picture of yourself in your underwear and put it as your desktop wallpaper... That'll keep you on the straight and narrow ;)

Just drink loads of water and remember why you're dieting in the first place, you'll be rete

Your right I do want it bad enough but I still have the doubts from other people telling me I will gain it all back. I need to shut the haters out

krazychic said:
Your right I do want it bad enough but I still have the doubts from other people telling me I will gain it all back. I need to shut the haters out

If you go back to eating how you were before starting then you probably will gain it back..... You need to take this time to realise were you went wrong (portion control/bad choices/high fat/) and vow to change those habits. It's not an easy journey but it may also be harder when you get there x

you realy do need to just ignore negative ppl hun , they will be the same folks who will be asking you where to buy slim and save when your all slim and looking fab and wobbly tum is so right cos with any diet its easy to pile the lbs back on if you go straight back to your old ways.
Jo x

So true I lost weight with slimming world but gained it back over Xmas. I found the plan so unbelievably boring so I thought of doing this but I am feeling much better today just a blinding headache but that might be the withdrawal of food.

Thanks for everyone's support

I lost weight with a Gastric Band and gained it all back.. whatever diet you do will have you gain it back unless you change how you eat..

Hope you are still hanging in there.. x

I lost weight with a Gastric Band and gained it all back.. whatever diet you do will have you gain it back unless you change how you eat..

Hope you are still hanging in there.. x

What will u follow once uve lost the weight u want to? I'm really worried about when that time comes. Probably because I've joined & re-joined SW/WW so many times I have in my head I failed them all but there's no way I want to end up at this weight again.

Hunca,

I think for me I'll follow a higher protein diet. More lean meat/fish, and a small amount of carbs.. eg: steak/chicken/fish with mixed veg/salad and 2 or 3 small new potatoes..

My main problem is portion size..

Also, exercise is going to be a big part of my plan! This will be easier and more enjoyable when I'm slimmer :D

Also read people maintain by eating less during the week and then having what they like at the weekend (within reason), so this is another thing I will consider.

It's not going to be easy, but at least we have plenty of time to think about it :eek:

For me it's remembering why I'm doing it, what I want more at the end of it all. Do I want that nice sausage over there or that sandwich or whatever it is? Or do I actually want to get fit and healthy, wear whatever I want to, shop anywhere I want to, feel and look good for me and for my boyfriend, not have to worry about weight related health issues and generally feel more happy, healthy and confident? When I look at it like that, it's an easy decision. Not always easy to look at it like that, maybe keep a list of reasons on your phone, fridge, cupboard, anywhere you can see it. Or a picture - either one of how you never want to be again or one of where you want to get back to. Really does just come down to what you want in life. Keep on going, you'll get there and if you fall, pick yourself back up. Doesn't matter how many obstacles you've got to jump, how many you clear or fall down on, what matters is getting to the end.

For me it's remembering why I'm doing it, what I want more at the end of it all. Do I want that nice sausage over there or that sandwich or whatever it is? Or do I actually want to get fit and healthy, wear whatever I want to, shop anywhere I want to, feel and look good for me and for my boyfriend, not have to worry about weight related health issues and generally feel more happy, healthy and confident? When I look at it like that, it's an easy decision. Not always easy to look at it like that, maybe keep a list of reasons on your phone, fridge, cupboard, anywhere you can see it. Or a picture - either one of how you never want to be again or one of where you want to get back to. Really does just come down to what you want in life. Keep on going, you'll get there and if you fall, pick yourself back up. Doesn't matter how many obstacles you've got to jump, how many you clear or fall down on, what matters is getting to the end.

Oh I know exactly why I'm doing it right now but what I wondered was what happens when u reach target do u keep on going with 4 packs a day or do u follow another plan or do u just naturally eat sensible portions etc. So so many times u read on here people gaining all their weight again & find themselves back on s&s wanting to lose 5 stone

I plan to follow slimming world rules

Back