How do you keep yourself occupied?

Heero_Luva

Hi,

at the minute my attention is divided between by 3m old baba and my packing for moving house in 7 days.

What are your tips for pre-occupying yourself as so not to think of food?

Internet Window Clothes Shopping In Goal Size.

Always a favourite of mine... I Can spend HOURS doing this! :)

Good luck with the house move, I doubt you will be needing any distraction strategies for a while! lol

Instead of food I am daydreaming about a thinner, happier future. If I think about something I want to eat I just replace the mental picture with one of myself in a nice outfit, feeling and looking confident.

I'm also really doing this for health reasons so I think about the fact that I'm going to be helping my heart by not eating.

I've found myself cleaning, going to the gym, watching films and SLEEPING!! Anything to avoid thinking about it really. But I'm only on day 4 and everyone says it gets easier!

xx

I've never been as pampered as what I am at the moment! I also watch the cookery channel quite a lot and think about how I can adapt the recipes to make them low fat (dont know if I'm torturing myself here!!).

Good luck with moving....that'll definitely keep you bust for the next couple of weeks!! x

I've become a bit of a womens institute candidate - loving sewing again, calligraphy and making lots of fun presents for my 14 nieces & nephews!!

I watch old episodes of shows I like, watch TV and play games on the internet.
Most of my time is occupied with me doing things for my husbands family and work.

wow so many different ways to distract!

I have to admit I love watching the daily cooks challenge at 3 on ITV. I think ...hmmm that would be nice steamed! lol.

Thanks for all the luck. I hope everything goes well, we have 2 leather setees arriving on the moving date to add more stress lol. should be an interesting couple of weeks.

I'm cooking, cleaning, working, running around like a loon bossing everyone about, popping onto here. Watching Big Brother and shouting at Bea. Spending money on the most useless crap, looking for something to moan about. Face packing, exfoliating, scrubbing, moisturising, manicuring and trying to poo.

That's basically it.

LOL@ BetsyBotox!

Sounds like me! Trying to poo!! haha! Me tooooo!

x

lol

Apart from Minimins my time is taken up by work or the kids, or quality time with Mrs L. The hard time is when the kids have gone to bed (oldest is five so they go quite early) and Mrs L is at work (she works 3-4 nights a week); the nibble demons start cackling when I'm on my tod as I can't really e.g. go down the gym etc. So I do a bit of tidying and play the Wii...

Kids, minimins, reading, cleaning, baths and from tonight X FACTOR!!! I may avoid your 'Big Brother's' and 'celebrity keep me away from civilsed humans' but my tacky side gets an airing when X factor begins! OH YES!!!

My kids keep me busy , ive also been shredding lots of old paperwork this past week , been meaning to do it for ages!
Got out some old size 14 jeans to motivate me..... and of course browsing through this forum is a god send.
xx

wow

Mrs L and I just made £340 after eBay fees flogging our old, huge clothes on eBay. Plus some kids clothes, but we did really well on my T-shirts and her dresses.

wow thats amazing! well done! nice 1! :D

big massive clean out of house - putting big clothes into charity shops and dumping all my clutter that i have kept for year - old perfume, old cards i ask myself why, why, why??? keeps me occupied full time - the saying is if you have not used it in the last 6 months get rid of it - not applying it to the last 6 years!!! :D:D:D:D:D:cry::cry::cry: ps. going to keep the hubby though !! even though he has not been used much in the last 6 months - only joking

Wow that sounds amazing, never thought of selling my old clothes, they've gone to the charity shop.

wow thats amazing! well done! nice 1! :D

Thanks! It was deffo worth doing; we've got a week away with the kids week after next, so it's all extra spends for that.

Mind you, Mrs L and I have had to splash out on a couple of new tops due to massive weight loss :D Only a couple because we're still not near goal.

Back