how do you know if someone has stolen yur identity?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kati, 2 November 2006 Social URL.

1. kati

kati Gold Member

Diet:
    Cambridge diet
    I just had a policeman (very nice he was too!) knock on my door and say he'd brought me my passport because it had been found in a nearby village last night. Well As far as I knew my passport was upstairs in my bedroom and I haven't been to that particular village for quite a while.

Then he opened it up and showed me the photo in and asked if that was me last year, well the only similarity was dark hair! so I told him it wasn't and he said oh, thats strange you were the only hit in the north east with your name with that same spelling. He wen't away again after that (shame)

But anyway now I'm worried incase someone is using my identity when its obviously not me. Anyone know how I can find out if someone is or not?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. raudi

raudi One Last Time.......

Start Weight:
    20st1lb
    Current Weight:
    15st9lb
    Lost(%):
    4st6lb(22.06%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Might be wiorth checking your credit , go to experien and you can get a months free trial.... then you can see you credit rating...... Apart from that not sure what to suggest....

4. chicken on a mission

chicken on a mission Restarting to lose 4stone

Diet:
    LighterLife then CD
    You can apply for a copy of your credit history. This cost £1 the last time I did it and citizens advice gave me the adresses of the 4 companies, I needed to request from 2 of them.

Here is a link that you might falso find useful:

Your Credit Report Help Centre, from Experian UK

5. chicken on a mission

chicken on a mission Restarting to lose 4stone

Diet:
    LighterLife then CD
    oopps, crossed post!

6. kati

kati Gold Member

Diet:
    Cambridge diet
    ok thanks :)

7. mummydebbie

mummydebbie Member

Diet:
    lipotrim from 28/5/06/ changed to cambridge on 8/1/07
    if i was you i,d go to the local police station and inquire about it and expain everything to them as that to me sounds very suspitous
    better to be safe than sorry
    debbie :(

8. Mini

Mini Administrator Staff Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(9.13%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi kati,

I would take Debbies advice and go to your local police station and check it out.

Ask them for more information and I am sure they will help you out.

Love Mini xxx

9. kati

kati Gold Member

Diet:
    Cambridge diet
    well he was from the local police station so wont they have to look into it more to find out who it belonged to? Unless they just have a lost property thing there and they put it in. But shouldn't they think it's suspicious themselves? I will give them a couple of days then go down and ask about it.

the father of one of my kids friends is a policeman maybe I'll ask him about it if he's at the school this afternoon

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.