how do you lose 2 thirds of your self?

i used grated cheese as a hexa to keep it syn free :D

harrisa paste is not that high in syns i have some in as well also have some morrocan tagine paste i need to use up you have just reminded me:D

i can feel another tagine coming on:D:D

ooo how funny I put the tagine paste in my basket then put it back as felt too many new foods in one week :8855:

only synned the cheese as only used 6 syns worth in the whole lot so was so minimal

I need some ideas of what to cook in my tagine as it just looks pretty (and dusty :giggle: ) at the moment xxxxxxx

argh yes prune gate :8855: :8855: I had forgotten about that, but yes I would love the recipe and any others you find :D

The chicken and honey should be yummy. When I worked at Reed a girl regularly made a chicken honey and bacon dish for us for lunch it was amazing but I never did get the recipe I shall have to do some googling :D

I do that with recipes too, always tweaking and trying things, some successes some not so good :giggle: xxxxxx

Hmn, for some reason my ears are burning :D

Did you use carving pumpkin? Just wondering as it's not all that great for eating - you want the smaller orange pumpkin or green pumpkin (the best kind I reckon)... Or then again I keep reading on lots of recipes about people feeding their creations to someone 'who doesn't even like pumpkin' and then they like it so I guess it's one of those awkward foods... more left for me at least :p

Don't think I've ever done anything with plantain Jackie so can't give much advice - I pulled a face about whoseever idea it was to use it for cookies though if that's what you tried it for. I've had plantain crisps or fried plantain jamaican style and that's about it. Even with my exotic adventures in my local shops I've not come across it often and it's not one I'm over curious about *shrugs* eh well - least you gave it a go :)

Still fancy one of those lakeland tagines myself - though the ones I looked at online had bad reviews about breaking after a handful of goes in the oven :( Been told by m'lazy mother I'm getting high street vouchers for xmas so guess I'll see if they work in there for some kitchen bits, new shiny gadgets will encourage me to keep making good things :D

Chicken and honey, mmmmmm look forward to snaffling that recipe if you post it up xxxx

1 onion
1 lb beef, (i used costco stewing beef cos it is really good quality)
1/2 jar of morrocen tagine paste ( got this from sainsburys) 7.5 syns
1 tin chopped tomatoes
1 tin mushrooms
1 tin of chick peas
200g prunes hex b
half pack of pomegranite seeds
coriander to garnish

dry fry beef and onion add tagine paste
cook for several minutes to release spices and seal meat.
transfer to slow cooker
add small amount of water to pan with a beef stock cube (this collects up all the left over spice and forms the stock)
put tomatoes, chick peas, mushrooms, pomegranite seeds and prunes in slow cooker
add as much stock as you like (personal taste as to how thick you want your sauce)
cook on high for 4 hrs turn down to low and cook for futher 2 hours (again personal preferance this made the meat melt in your mouth)
serve with couscous garnished with freash coriander

served 4 comfortably so syns probably lower than i counted

thanks mandy I assume prunes are tinned or packets? :thankyou:

I need to try new recipes so that I dont get bored

How are you today sweetie.?

Firework night here tonight. Not sure how Carla is she doesn'[t like them but considering what a wuss she is she copes well as a rule. so long as she can cuddle up to me. :D We are very close to the park they are in and they will be mega loud :(

well a pleasent weekend was had by all :D

we just won't discuss syns:eek:
note to self alcohol makes you make bad choices :rolleyes::rolleyes:

thats 2 weekends i have drank wine and really i don't drink that often !!

no more till christmas now :D

any had a good day today

B banana and greek yog with honey (2 syns)

L egg on toast (hexb)

T roast beef, yorkshire puddings, carrots, broccli mangetout and baby sweetcorn
roast pots, parsnip and sweetpotato and gravy (total 6 syns for gravy and yorkshire pudding )

homemade rice pudding (hexa)

no snacking again today seem to have broken that habit.

have also done a good amount of exercise this week end so maybe limited the damage xxx

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Mandy my mouth is watering. When can I move in please? My house has turned into a blooming hospital :(

How do you get on with your actifry? I really want one and they are on offer at the moment but not sure I can warrant the price :( but £99 is a good price :) xxxxxxx

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Mandy my mouth is watering. When can I move in please? My house has turned into a blooming hospital :(

How do you get on with your actifry? I really want one and they are on offer at the moment but not sure I can warrant the price :( but £99 is a good price :) xxxxxxx

£99 is a good price i got mine at £109:D

and i love it, cook in it quite a lot done stirfrys as well as chips and roasties. i have used all sorts of veg in it.
Teen has used it for chicken nuggets scampi as well as frozen chips.

Normally i just use frylight but the goose fat made a hell of a differance the roasties were to die for:D

worked out the syns on the 20 cals = 1 syn rule and the entire thing worked out to one syn each so you really can't complain.

cooks enough for a family of three but there is a bigger version if you want to cook for more :D

I worried about justifying the price but i am glad i did xxx

I didn't realise two sizes :( I bet I need the bigger one as cook for 6 or 7 regularly as the boys' girlfriends' eat here regularly as like my cooking :rolleyes: lol

I shall have a look. I really want one but its no good if not big enough for at least 5 people :(

hows you today sweetie? xxxxx

last week while i was at the gym i had an elderly gentleman start chatting to me about why i was there and telling me how great he thought it was that a person of my size was there doing something about it:eek: (quite a big gentleman him self so i don't think he meant any harm)

Initially i was a bit freaked out by it but having been bought up never to be rude i answered his questions:confused::confused:

turns out he too is on slimming world and had lost 10lb in his first 3 weeks, he was very surprised when i told him that i had lost 3 st in 3 months :D

This morning he has come to ask me how:8855: me a weight loss guru:8855::8855::8855:

wanted to know about snacking and syns, his wife is sorting out his diet:rolleyes: and has him on 4 syns a day so i have told him to try increasing them a bit .

I just thought it was so funny :D

full hr in the gym this morning trying to develop an addiction :8855::8855::8855:

I have just realised that the last few days have been a bit carb intensive think my body is trying to go into hibernation mode:8855::8855:

it seems to have gone really cold really fast and making me want to comfort eat:confused:

will have to watch that i think :eek:

interesting to see if it affects my loses cos apart from saturdays excesses i have remained with in syns just carbo heavy.

Thanks Tilly xx i still think it is really funny:8855:

well due to my carb loading, today has been a green day and i will make tomorrow a red one to balance it off:D

wondering if i have a * week on the way and thats the reason for the sudden urge to eat bad things :eek: never know when they are coming these days hadn't had one for years and then have had 2 since august:eek:

pretty sure there will be no loss for me this week but at least i will know why and i promise even thougth i know i will still have a tantrum:8855:

right meals for today

B tomatoes on toast (hexb1)

L parsnip and apple soup, 6 wm cracker breads (hexb2) philli light (hexa)

T bean chilli with couscous, yog with honey (2 syns)

S jaffa cake bar (5 syns) mango chunks

Sounds like you are keeping up the good work Mandy - and yes, no wonder that man was asking you questions, you are doing fabulously! :)

xx

Back