how do you lose 2 thirds of your self?

Well done bh! Sounds like a great plan! X

Well done on the sts :D

Well done on sts hun, love the positives, you "sound" like you're so ready for this year, BRING IT ON!!!! :bighug: xxxxxxxxxx

Well done on the STS - fab result over the festive season! I am loving your positivity and your 3 positives and, hope you dont mind but am gonna steal that idea!!! xxx

i originally stole it from jackie :D:D:D

it really works xxxx

Well done on your STS Mandy, and I totally agree with Val, the idea of the positives is such a fab one I am going to start using them as well, hope you don't mind (which I am sure you won't, judging by your comment above lol!) We need to spread the word, this is such a good way of looking at life in general, not just on here! :)

Take care hun, hope you are having a great day! xx

Todays positives

going out this afternoon to have tea with my parents. not seeing them as much since i went back to work and have missed them:D

Had a lovely visit with my grandad this morning, took down his christmas decorations and stored them for, hopefully, next year

I have had a lovely swim this morning and need a new swimming costume cos mine is to big and i am in danger of having a wardrobe malfunction:eek:
:8855::8855::8855::8855:

hope you are all having a good day xxxx

Todays positives

going out this afternoon to have tea with my parents. not seeing them as much since i went back to work and have missed them:D

Had a lovely visit with my grandad this morning, took down his christmas decorations and stored them for, hopefully, next year

I have had a lovely swim this morning and need a new swimming costume cos mine is to big and i am in danger of having a wardrobe malfunction:eek:
:8855::8855::8855::8855:

hope you are all having a good day xxxx

haha that really made me giggle - great NSV, not so great potential consequences lol xxx

I am about to have a rant be warned:D:D

all over the recent festive period we have worked understaffed we told management and very little practical help was offered.

on several occassions we worked 3 registered nurses and one care assistant. the area i work in is acute are pts are sick and need lots of input. Due to the staffing levels i have not always felt that the care we have given is adequate. there are only so many hours in the day.
Today Mr cameron set off public debate about nursing standards leading to a lot of nurse bashing.
If we had the staff we would be able to do our jobs better!! and if they stopped giving us more and more paper work to do we would have more time to care.
As a result i have had a real downer of a day:eek: I have to stop taking everything personally.
I know i did every thing i could and worked flat out for every shift,no breaks no drinks and no time to even pee, so why do i feel like such a failure

We raised a concern and now have statements to make and interviews to attend, i really didn't need this, but our patients deserve better !!!!!

ok rant over, all i have wanted to do today is eat, i thought i had cracked that habit. I hate this anxiety and panic :cry:
I just wish it would go away.

Off to bed in a bit ready to do it all again tomorrow, my positive thought to end on is that it can't get worse !!!!!!

thats the question i am setting out to answer. i am too ashamed of my weight to join a class so am going it alone, hopefully with the support of you guys.
I have done this once before and lost 6 st, lost my focus and am now back at 29 stone:cry:
on monday i had some sort of wakeup not sure why or how, but walked out of work and into my gp's. We talked options from medication to surgery.{althougth bizarrly i don't meet nhs criteria for my area :(}
I have decided to write a diary to motivate myself and in the hope that writing it down will help me remain focused.
so hello all :wave_cry: wish me luck i reallllllllly want to do this. No i KNOW i can do this.
Mandy x

make sure u tell ur self u can do it everyday as much as u can , i was told talk to ur self in the mirror and ull soon believe it ,

i do , i stand in front of the mirror every day and say i can do this , and u know im starting to believe .

U CAN DO THIS HUN, U WILL GET THERE , WE WILL ALL GET THERE TOGETHER :family2: XX THINK POSSITIVE AND THINGS WILL HAPPEN

Well done for letting it all out Mandy - a good old rant always makes me feel better! :)

Mr Cameron is a loser and so out of touch with reality it's untrue, no-one listens to him so don't worry about that. He also slags off teachers on a regular basis, and I tell you, I know what you mean about the blooming paperwork, I am constantly snowed under with it, and keep thinking 'this is not what I went into this profession for', surely I should be TEACHING and not writing endless reports???

Hope you have a great day today, just keep doing what you are already doing, I am sure the patients love you and know you are doing your best with limited assistance from above. Please do try and make sure you have a break and something to eat and drink though, this is the kind of thing that makes you feel more stressed, which won't help. I know that is easier said than done (and I can't remember the last time I had a break or lunch at school, and look at me - off sick again!!)!

Take care of yourself hun, xxx

Hey sweetie, good to have a rant and glad you did, don't want to hold all that carp inside do we.
David Cameron....don't even get me started on what I think about that kj if you want to know what kj means pm me :giggle:
As for feeling a failure, you feel a failure my lovely because you are a caring thoughtful person who doesn't have the facilities (thanks DC), to do your job (and the reason you do your job is because you're a caring thoughtful person, they go hand in hand) as it should be done, so rather than let rip at those that have caused this situation (again thanks DC), you have turned it internally.....you are far from a failure young lady and you well know it, maybe not right now while you're being illogical, but when the logical Mandy resurfaces you will realise.
All I can say is keep on doing what you're doing hun, you are doing the best you can and I am certain everyone will think that from your staff to the patients, as well as all of us on here, because we have come to know the real Mandy :bighug: xxxxx

It's happening in every public department. They will never accept that they're to blame for the current situation so they blame us at the bottom. It doesn't matter how many times we say something is wrong they ignore us but then spout a load of rubbish in the press.

You know what the truth is so just ignore the loon - wow that's really polite for me :D

It's happening in every public department. They will never accept that they're to blame for the current situation so they blame us at the bottom. It doesn't matter how many times we say something is wrong they ignore us but then spout a load of rubbish in the press.

You know what the truth is so just ignore the loon - wow that's really polite for me :D

Ok who kidnapped the real Tilly :giggle: loon, loon, what kind of insult is that from you my dear, have we been on the valium today? :giggle: xxx

Back