how do you lose 2 thirds of your self?

Poor wee heggie
My bets are it was already deaded Mandy ...I never knew how fast a heggie could run until I got Mr Prickles a African pygmy heggie them boggers can run I can tell ya :giggle:

Sad about hedgie. When I was younger I used to do what I called Hedgehog rescue which meant if I saw one on the road I would stop and lift it onto the verge in the direction it was heading. gorgeous little things.

To add to the killer dog stories :eek:, my rescue dog was like lightning and would kill anything that moved. My mum had a gorgeous little cockerel called Rupert and due to a lack of communication between us, Harry ended up in the garden at the same time as Rupert and killed him in seconds. My mum was devastated as she forms really strong bonds with animals you wouldn't think of as pets (bit like Kals!). Harry realised he'd done something wrong and tried to make it up to her - she didn't tell him off or anything, he just saw her in tears over it and picked up that she was very upset. Then, a few years later he caught a moorhen when we were on a walk with him. My mum shouted at him to put it down and he did, safe and sound! Proof positive that dogs remember and have consciences!!

Hope you're feeling better :bighug: xxx

:wavey: hope you're ok? Avoiding your own thread is never good x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

how well you know me :eek:

yesterday was a disaster, went to work at 6.30 am and arrived home at 9.00pm (complete with fish and chips :break_diet:)

only 2 of us arrived for work, the other 2 had both rung in sick,:break_diet:afew unsociable calls later managed to get that up to 3 we had 2 carers booked for the ward aswell and only one of those turned up:eek:. luckily enough i had the staffing responsibility for the directorate so pinched one from another ward with less beds. On the plus side i was very assertive about this and insistedi they sent one to me. Things went from bad to worse when the staff nurse booked for the late cancelled the shift 3 hrs before it started. i had nobody to hand over too!!! the 2 staff nurses for the afternoon were bothe quite junior (i am being polite about one of them there cos she has been qualified for 4 yrs :eek:)

couldn't in good conscience leave them alone so my only option was to stay on.:sigh:

hadn't planned and had no meal plan no time to sort out tea and too tierd when i got in. Turned into a bit of a binge day :cry: seemed to eat all day, all sorts of rubbish not helped by a lovely pt buying us all some biscuits cos he felt so sorry for us :rolleyes:

needless to say i lost count of the syns. i have been 100% today but fear all hope of a loss this week is gone :sigh:

a change in routine is always my undoing, my intention for the next 2 days is to stay low syn exercise like mad and pray for a STS

Bad day. Good plan though x

Well done for coming back to your thread :bighug:

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

You nurses are worked like flipping horses! ((((Mandy)))) I don't think anyone would have been prepared for what you were faced with! I go to work with my lunch in a bag and I always know I'll be home for tea - that's all the planning I do. I really do feel for you. It must be sooooo hard following any plan with a job as demanding as yours. xxx

Hey Mandy.. I agree with the others..

The only thing I can suggest is maybe keep some mugshots or something that can be microwaved from the packet (I have no idea what thou sorry :( ) that might help with the binge.. I'm positive there's some low syn canned stuff that you could take in for a rainy day.

Don't be disheartened xxx

Hi Mandy

Don't feel too bad about it, and just congratulate yourself for getting back on plan today. And plus with working an extra long shift, you will have burnt lots of calories! I have had days like this and thought that WI would be a disaster but the worse result I have had has been a STS and even a loss. Stay positive...BIG FAT SUNDAY HUGS xoxoxoxoxoxxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxxoxoxo

mug shots etc are a great idea, but we are not allowed to eat and drink on the ward and in total i took 20 mins break on the whole shift. one of the nurses on really shouldn't be left alone bless her she knows she is out of her depth but is struggling to get another job, currently we are supposed to be providing extra support for her but just don't have the staff to do it properly:eek:

so yet another new day /week

todays meals

brunch bacon egg tomatoes and toast (hex b and 5 syns )

tea pork loin chop broccli, leeks and carrots, sw roasties and parsnip, gravy ( 3 syns) locshun pudding (2 syns)

snacks fudge finger (5.5 syns) pear and a satsuma

total syns 15.5 :D

Hi Mandy, nothing I can say that the others haven't already said, what I do want to say is that you should be kind to yourself :) You worked incredibly hard, were assertive when necessary and supportive where needed..............all a sign of a very special caring lady who sounds as if she is in the right job, hard tho it is sometimes. Give yourself a break..........a blip happened, that was yesterday, today is a new day and you are back on track..................take care Mandy xx

:bighug: there was no way on earth you could have been prepared. You've got a good plan in place, so don't go beating yourself up xxx

Back