how do you lose 2 thirds of your self?

Ah Mandy, sounds like you did very well on your day from hell, all things considered! As others have said, it's only one day, you won't notice that in the long run. Hope you are feeling better now, xxxx

much better day today despite getting belted across the face by an aggressive patient:eek:
wasn't expecting it and was really shocked, almost burst in to tears but managed to control myself:rolleyes:

food not to bad but always a bit erratic on work days

B toast (hexb and 5 syns)

L locshun pudding, apple and banana

T chilli chicken (4 syns) with sw wedges, beans, tomato and rocket, muller yog

S finger fudge (6 syns)

total syns for the day 15 :eek:

so much for low syns but hey it was within plan :rolleyes:

plan for tomorrow

B fruit salad and toast (hexb)

L ham tomato and rocket sandwich (5 syns)

T chilli with baked potato (sf= onions tomato mushrooms and red pepper )

S banana, pear satsuma

tillymax said:
Nasty patient. Shame you can't belt them back. Just be a bit rougher than you should be with them and if they need an injection make sure you stab them ;)

Liking your thinking ;)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

tillymax said:
Nasty patient. Shame you can't belt them back. Just be a bit rougher than you should be with them and if they need an injection make sure you stab them ;)

I probably would have
And said I couldn't help it
My reflexes kicked in lol....
But I with Tilly stab them hard next time your syringe is out x

Evening Mandy, just catching up with you. Is your patient suffering from mental health problems? My OH has been hit with a walking stick by an old lady who thought he was stealing her handbag, an old man punched him in the face and accused him of having an affair with his wife!!!! All this was on the dementia ward when he was working at Boston...............they can be very strong can't they, made worse by the fact that you aren't expecting it! Awful tho it is to be hit, but I hope they were suffering from mental health as the other possibility that they knew what they were doing is beyond comprehension, especially when all you want to do is help!!!!! Must be very difficult to then continue to look after them when they have done that...................you deserve a medal :)

Ahh poor Mandy, unfortunately that's everyday nature in my job (learning disabilities, personality disorders, seizures etc) its not something we should have to put up with though definitely not! :( Hope today is a better day xx

today was much better cos I got sent to another ward that needed senior cover :D
no where near as busy as mine i had a doddle of a day :talk017:

people hate moving wards but i don't mind occassionally, it's always quieter and less stressful and inyeresting to see how other wards are run :D

soooooooo food today, not too bad i don't think, not quite as planned but near enough and within plan :D

B malted wheats, skimmed milk (hexa and 10 syns) pink grapefruit

L 2 slices nimble toast 2 boiled eggs, banana ans 2 satsumas

T chilli and baked pot as planned lurpak lightest (4 syns) pear

no snacks today have not needed any. Definetly not feeling a loss this week two bad days since i last weighed in but going any way to meet it head on. scales are showing a gain of any where between 2lb and 7 lb today :eek:

have some water retention going on again, definetly not drinking enough when i am at work, yester day i drank less than a litre:sigh: same today. Really need to sort this out or i will never lose well.

Got a niggling feeling as well that I have a star week on the way cos i am a bit ratty.

major bust up with son this evening in front of his girlfriend he started slamming things around and has broke the door handle on the dishwasher and the paddle on the actifry :flamingmad:
Playing it really low key cos don't want hubby to find out until gf has gone home. His temper is as bad as sons.

I am very tense and agitated and every little thing is aggravating me. The dog has sensed my mood and is acting up she won't settle either :confused:

so hubby is getting cross about that. I really can't stand the tension so am taking my lappy to bed :)

sorry to winge, sometimes its just good to get it out :rolleyes:

xxxxx

Sorry you had a good work day and had to come home to a bad evening!!! :bighug:

Just had a nose on eBay and new paddles are about £15 so maybe he could pay for that?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

i have already told him i want the paddle replacing by him. I am so angry at him :flamingmad: it was apparently my fault cos i took more chicken out of the freezer for their tea and defrosted it, some how i cooked it so ruined his tea plans. made a couple of suggestions but apparently was being flippant :eek::rolleyes: used my suggestions and tea worked out ok but i should have left him alone :sigh:

am happily sat upstairs now catching up with you lot and then i am going to read my book all snuggeled up :D

have a lovely evening xxxx

Well I am glad work wise it was a better day for you Mandy at least that bit was good
Pah to your son !!
They can just be such pains in the buttocks at times can't they x

Hey sweetie, I am definitely an advocate of getting it off your chest (check out my diary anywhere in the last 300+ pages and you'll see what I mean :giggle:), good for you too for doing it, any rant is good, clears your head.
We had a major row here on Monday (hence the late evening meal of saveloy and chips from the chippie), why do they never learn to leave us alone, I asked them to leave me alone and even went and sat in another room, still they followed and hounded, so went to have a bath and still they followed and hounded, so why is it now my fault cos I lost it and said a few choice things that maybe I shouldn't have, but feel no remorse for cos I warned them to leave me alone :giggle:
Definitely make son pay for the paddle and well done for staying calm, it may not make any difference and things may not have changed but who knows maybe it has and maybe it's a learning curve for all.

Have a fab day hun ...and hope everything is now calm and serene :hug99: xxx

Hi Mandy, not a lot that I can say, apart from the fact that I know where you are coming from as still have 3 adult sons living at home and they would try the patience of a saint at times...............:( Hope your catch up and read relaxed you and that today is better for you :)

Back