How do you make a perfect cup of tea?

Blonde Logic

Yes. You can.
I ALWAYS end up with a film floating on top and it alwasy clings to the sides of the cup, etc. and looks icky.

What am I doing wrong?

I steep my bag for about 5 minutes - I remove the backwith out squishing it - it does it if its 1 minute or 5???

I thought what better place to ask then a forum full of Brits who love their tea!! :D

XX

I use tea leaves and a tea strainer. Make the tea in a pot if you can. Alternatively put the leaves into the strainer then pour the boiling water through it.
I make it with bags in the office though and do just the same as you.
That's what I remember. Haven't had a cuppa since starting LL. Don't like it black!

I ALWAYS end up with a film floating on top and it alwasy clings to the sides of the cup, etc. and looks icky.

What am I doing wrong?

I steep my bag for about 5 minutes - I remove the backwith out squishing it - it does it if its 1 minute or 5???

I thought what better place to ask then a forum full of Brits who love their tea!! :D

XX

The film on top is nothing to do with your tea making skills if you like very strong tea... but rather to do with your water.

The film is caused by limescale you find in hard water areas(calcium).

A Brita water filter will remove it.

BRITA | Integrated Solutions

Love Mini xxx

that is a lovely post and a good tip,. because i have started to practise having tea without milk and i noticed the film too, so i will use a brita water filter, i have one, but dont always fill my kettle up with it, too lazy, i will from now on.:)

I live in West Sussex (so somewhere near you BL) and the water is really hard locally. We use a waterfilter all the time to improve the water and keep the kettle (iron etc) deposit free. We also use a Calgon tab in every wash!

i like this post... i like ya thinkin BL about the brit thing lol ... 5 mins wow that a strong cuppa ...i leave my bag in about 1 min tops givin it a good stir and squeezin the bag wen takin it otta the cup... BUT i really dont think you can beat making tea in a teapot.. dont know y but i think it tastes better xx

im in a hard water area and i get it on my tea but it doesnt bother me too much. and i use loadsssssssssss of milk :p

oooh! Good tips! Thanks peeps!! Yes Rae - our water here is quite hard. I am near Worthing - in the big bustling <cough cough> chariming <cough cough sputter> cutting edge <coffee all over monitor> town of Lancing. :D

Where are you?

Now - about making Tea in a pot. Problem I find - it gets cold to quickly doesn't it? I'm the only tea drinker in the house. I do have a gorgeous little teapot though, so maybe I should try. Is there a way to keep it warm longer? And do you put the milk in the teapot with all the tea, or just as you pour it?

(sorry - just realised I am talking about milk - hope I don't upset you guys. )

Anyway - I don;t know why I never thought to ask this before! My OH has no clue! LOL

Thanks lovely's!

dont put the milk in the teapot!! lol just in the cup xx

Drink coffee………….lol!!

The water has a lot to do with the tea as does the quality of the tea. Here in Lancashire the water is fabulous lovely and clear straight from the tab.
My sister who lives in America loves to come over to get a decent brew!!

oww yes dont know why but does taste better in a china cup.... and stays hot !!! xx

Ask Martin

Hi BL
My OH is the T drinker in our house -he's an addict - it's a ritual.
China Tea pot - warmed first with water from the kettle just before it boils.Then loose tea leaves (not bags) in a tea ball. Pour the boiling water on.
Leave to infuse for precisely 4 mins.
Remove the tea ball so it doesn't "stew".
Pour the milk into the cup, he likes soya due to lactose intolerance, pour on the tea.
Make orgasmic noises while slurping!
I told you it was a ritual. He has 6 cups, china of course, in the morning and 6 in the afternoon.
If he gets no tea he changes colour and loses concentration - he's addicted.:coffee:

Hi BL. I'm in sunny Littlehampton (or South Arundel as I like to call it!!!).

No milk in the pot and get yourself a tea cozy (knitted or crocheted, looks like a woolly hat) for your tea pot and it will keep it cozy for longer. I guess you can buy modern versions, perhaps a trip down the road to Worthing or Eastbourne and there will be loads available given the average age of the locals!

Back