How do you make sure you have the money for CD ? Help needed - maybe.

Hi Paul

A CD counsellor told me that she allowed a client to have a free weekly supply because she used the client's home as her base for that town. The counsellor lived in a different town and would otherwise have had to pay for the rent of a church hall or library room etc

It sounded like a good idea that obviously worked for both parties, it would be ok for me because I live on my own but I imagine it would be impractical for others, and of course you would need to locate a CD counsellor interested in extending their own 'patch'.

Best wishes and hope you get some good ideas!

My oh and i are in a similiar situation to you Paul. He works full time but i dont as we have a 2 year old daughter. Hes planning on doing the diet with me in the next few weeks. It wont be easy, we'll just have to put aside enough for DD's things and go from there. Also work out what youll need diet wise for the month, either take that from the bank and put it for safe keeping or just try not to touch the 'stash' as it were! Hope you find a solution soon though cos money probs are a b!tch.

hi paul,

well i try and do overtime at work not only does it earn me more money but it keeps me out the house away from the kitchen, i cut down on the fags (a little lol) and i generally just really keep an eye on outgoings im lucky in the sense i dnt have to really worry about it cos i earn well but the weeks with the bills can be a bit tight.

another thing you could think about is what do you have in the technology wise you dnt really need for a wee while anyway ie sky/virgin/housephone when youve got mobiles, just sowt to think about.

hope you find a solution x

Hi there, I was wondering about a few things since I did CD many years ago. Do you still have to buy a weeks supply each time ? I want to do a very low-calorie diet I don't want more than two packs a day , I want a meal with meat as well.

Also is one able to buy just the flavour is one likes? Before I commit to whichever food replacement addition I'm going to use I really would like to try the flavours. Many years ago the Cambridge diet did a peach flavour which was my all-time favourite. I believe that is discontinued. I have been to the website and it seems that there is only strawberry chocolate banana vanilla and to her coffee.

But my main thing is that I'd like to be able to buy the product in the quantities that I need on a weekly basis and not be locked in to buying quantities that I don't need or maybe cannot afford in that particular week while at the same time it's very useful to keep the structure of weekly daily purchases going. Thanks.

Belle.

i must say i'm pretty lucky at the moment - i work two jobs and live with my parents who don't make me pay any bills - I'm not one of those girls that takes it for granted though I understand i'm in a really priviliged situation. I use my 2nd job to pay purely for the diet - i hope you manage to find a way to keep going xx

hi belle,

my cdc allows me to buy wot i need for example if ive had a bad week i might go and see her and only buy 5 packs also i only like choc mint and strawberry tetra so thats all i buy. its not like LL where youre obligated to buy a whole weeks worth at £66 every time you go however i was more succesful with LL cos you have to spend that much money every week gives you the incentive to stick to it.

on weeks that i have more money i buy more packs than i need, i also always have an extra week or more packs in the house just incase so if im having a tight week i just get what i can afford and top it up out of my spares
oh and i also only ever buy choc mint shakes thou she tries to sell me bars every week, lol

Ways I earn extra cash are Ebaying, doing car boots, working overtime at work and selling DVDs and books on Amazon.

Good luck hon. x x

Also - if you do ever run out of money Tescos do a low carb, sugar free shake that has all the nutrients you need. They are around £1 each...not ideal for long term use but certainly okay fillers for a few days. flavours include strawb, choc and vanilla. x x

There are some other good money generating ideas on Martins Money Saving Expert website. I have subscribed and get the email every week.

Back