How do you manage your feelings?

Discussion in 'Bring your Head Inside and your Body will Follow' started by dietgirl24, 7 August 2011 Social URL.

1. dietgirl24

dietgirl24 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st8lb
    Current Weight:
    9st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    6st12lb
    Lost(%):
    4st0lb(29.47%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers Core/SW Red Days
    Hi guys

I'm working on the Weight Watchers "Manage Your Feelings" habit and I'm curious as to how other people manage their feelings-it'd be good to see everyone's elses suggestions :)

The ways I manage mine are mindfulness, going for a walk or doing intensive exercise, herbal tea, hot water bottle in bed and early night, reading a book

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. -Tally-

-Tally- Silver Member

I'm struggling with this at the moment. Recently out of a relationship that was bad for me but am struggling being by myself and thoughts keep turning to food. Whether that's me looking for comfort or a boredom relief I'm not sure. I'm not acting on those feelings but not really sure what to do with them...I guess any change takes a while to get used to so am trying not to be so hard on myself. Tough though.

4. dietgirl24

dietgirl24 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st8lb
    Current Weight:
    9st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    6st12lb
    Lost(%):
    4st0lb(29.47%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers Core/SW Red Days
    Yes, this is definitely the most challenging of the Weight Watchers habits for me to master but we will get there all the same!:)

I have asked myself what causes me to overeat and for me, anyways, it usually boils down to a need not being met in another area of my life and then overeating to in some way compensate for it. It's made me a lot more compassionate towards myself. I find that now I'm not overeating, I *really* feel my feelings again. In a way, it's great but in another, it's irritating! Of course, I know that overall, it's a definite step in the right direction and that I would be a robot without some feeling. I have felt numb/indifferent before and that is definitely worse, so its a win-win situation when I put it in perspective. Lol I feel much better about this now actually as I'm writing this down, it's just a bit scary initially but I can handle it.

You're doing amazingly well on your weight loss btw so you definitely deserve a big pat on the back! :) I'm sure you'll get to goal soon!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.