How do you plan to maintain?

~missy-moo~

Getting thinner everyday!
I've spent so much time focusing on my diet, I've now decided I need to think about how I'm going to maintain after I come off it so that I'm better prepared. When I put my mind to it I can really lose weight. Have done it before. Where I fall foul is in keeping it off and to me that is the harder part.

Thought it might be an idea for a thread to throw around ideas and tips about keeping it off.

I am planning to go a little below my ideal and then put a ceiling on my weight, which once I reach, I go back on a diet to lose a few pounds. So for instance If I decide that 10 1/2 st is my ideal, then I'll drop a bit below that but if I were to ever go above it to a say to 10stone 8, then I'd be straight back on a diet.

I think I may use Slimming worlds plan to help me make sensible choices and to train me to eat a healthy and moderate diet.

Of course these are good intentions.......

Has anyone else got a plan and is anyone else nervous about leaving the security of LT and trusting yourself to make the right choices?

Alex

My plan is very similar to yours. I am giving myself a weight limit and if I touch it I will be very strict with myself. I just really hope I don't fall back into my old bad habits. Also think slimming world way is for me too. I lost over 2 stone on it the other year and enjoyed the plan too.

Bit scary thinking about being at target even though I have a very long way to go. I just don't want to undo all the hard work I've put into this so far. I am determined to keep off the weight and hopefully follow the maintenance plan. Can't wait to be at target too.

I think aslong as you eat healthy and exercise theres no reason why you would put weight back on!

Everyones weight fluctuates so i wouldnt be too harsh on your ideal weights as one day you might weigh 10.7 and another 10.9 - start obsessing over that really isnt a good idea! :)

But good luck with however you decide to maintain x

Back