How do you space out your meals?

Chunky Madwife

Just wondering :)

So far I have been having a shake at about 7.30 am, a bar or another shake at about 12- 13.00, and dinner about 6-7pm.

However a couple of times I have left a big gap between lunch and dinner, and have ended up needing to take my last pack at 8-9pm (like today!)

Just got me wondering though, is it good to have a pack so late at night, as eating a meal at this time is not generally the norm? :confused:

Anyway......what do you guys do?

I have my first about 1930 my 2nd about 2130 and my 3rd after midnight lol

Really starlight???? How do you get through the day??

I have my 1st (usually Soup to get it overwith lol) around 11am or 12pm, then I have half a bar (yum) around 3pm, then my Shake (yum) around 6pm and then I have the other half of my bar with a cuppa coffee at around 8pm when the kids are gone to bed :)

I work shifts but not permanent nights but Im a night owl. If Im early shift I have one around 11am but thats only a few days a month. If Im late shift I dont have anything til my meal break at work which is around 1900 and if Im nights my first is around the same time when I get up.

Days like today when Im off I have coffee/water/bullion through the day. My difficult time is evenings when Im watching telly so I prefer to have them for then

That's a good idea, I find them evenings were always picky times. When I did WW I was always to scared to use all my points and not leave myself any for TV time.

I like the idea about having the soup first, so far am tolerating them (scared to try mushroom, and hated chicken), and I might try that tomorrow.

I am a bit wary of doing Exante at work, am off just now, but back next week. Not sure how I will handle 12 hour shifts.

I tend to have my shake around 12pm, half a bar at 3pm, other half around 5pm and then my soup once the babies are in bed about 8pm(ish)

I'm mainly wary about making them up, getting funny looks and questions from colleagues about it (because everyone has an opinion on such diets).

Also about getting time to drink enough water, we have to take breaks when we can, not when we want to. In my last job it was not unknown to spend 7 hours with no break, so it can be hard enough getting time to go for a pee too......

I have my shake at 8am after two pints of water, then half my bar at 12pm after a pint of water, then the other half at 4.30pm after one or two pints and my soup about 7pm, chased down by a pint of water. And that's my Exante day!

Chunky Madwife said:
I'm mainly wary about making them up, getting funny looks and questions from colleagues about it (because everyone has an opinion on such diets).

Also about getting time to drink enough water, we have to take breaks when we can, not when we want to. In my last job it was not unknown to spend 7 hours with no break, so it can be hard enough getting time to go for a pee too......

I found it far easier just being upfront about it at work. I've had no negative comments and no one so much as bats an eyelid now :)

If you're not keen to tell them get a milk frother for your shakes they're dead handy and the most discrete

I have half a bar around 1.30pm the other half at 4.30pm then my soup at 8.00pm then I have half my shake at 10.30pm then my other half of shake at 1.30am

I mostly have my packs after 4pm.
So maybe one at 4pm. One at 8pm and one at midnight.
I have never really liked having breakfast or lunch and used to just eat in the evenings.
I have trouble sleeping and dont go to bed until 2-3am so having my shakes later is better for me.

Hi Chunky Madwife (loving the name, btw!)

I work 12-hour shifts, and pretty much permanent nights, so I understand your concerns re: work. It is pretty difficult to switch from day to night, and I mainly try to leave my first pack of the day til as late as I can - usually 5pm (ish). I then find I can manage through the shift with a bar - sometimes I eat half and save half, sometimes if it looks manic at work I eat it all and get on with it. I then have a chocolate shake when I get home in the morning - hot chocolate helps me sleep better. (I can't sleep if I'm hungry :sigh: )

If I have to, I will have an additional shake after midnight on that first night as it's actually the second day :eek: , but this doesn't happen very often.

I find it easier at work, because I'm so busy, I haven't got time to think about being hungry. I also find that taking a bar to work, raises less questions as it looks like something naughty :p .

It is important that you keep your water intake up, and I am lucky in that all wards have a drinking tap, so I try to have a glass every couple of wards :D . Get yourself a bottle, and keep it nearby. It'll be a bit of trial and error, but it can be done!

Good luck.

I have my first pack quite late. Used to have thm at about 12, 3 and 7 but have been struggling to keep focussed at night so now have thm at 3.30ish, 7 and 9.30.

Im not hungry thru the day really, so i stick to water, black tea etc.....ive just had my first shake of the day, and am saving my last 2 to have as one big shake while watching tv tonight! Dont worry about having them late at night, it makes no difference, and i it helps u then go for it x

Im not and never have been a night time eater so I generally have my first pack at 8am, my second between 12-1 and my last about 5.30.

I have my first pack around 7.30 am then a second at 12.30 (could easy go to 3pm tho) then have my last shake around, hmmm now! Right better go and do it! xx maxi xx

p.s. strange tho I'm not hungry

Well, I tried it a bit different today, and didn't have anything till 12.30 when I had some soup.

Through the afternoon I picked at a bar, and finished that around 4.

Then I had soup again about 7.

I have finally got the hang of the soups (add bucket loads of chilli flakes and black pepper) - cannot believe I enjoyed the mushroom, would never have believed it!

I'm not sure I liked it this way.

I think I'll stick to my original plan. When I had a shake and pint of water at 7.30 I could go all day without thinking about it.

I have my shake before I leave for work (around 8AM). Coffee and tea and at least a litre of water before soup time / lunch time at 1 or 2PM. Then another litre of water, and a tea before i leave work. When I come home, around 7:30PM i have a coffee straight away, and a bouillon a bit later, and my bar as late as possible (8-10PM) so I don't go bed hungry / and have something to snack on. I try to get thru my last litre of water before 9PM so i dont have to get up in the night.

Back