How do you 'spice' up your shakes/soup?

Theresa6

Silver Member
Hi all,

I used to only have choc, made up with loads of ice so it reminded me of a McD;s shake. I have tried it with strawberry too but it didnt quite hit the spot...

It took me ages to consider trying making them up with peppermint tea but I am so glad I did, they are lush!! I now make up peppermint tea ice cubes so I can have the best of both worlds!!! :D:D:D

What do you do??

I just drink mine lol altho I do add pepper to the soup.

How do you crush your ice?

WW,

I have a stick blender which does the job just nicely!! I love my choccie shakes. Mind you so does my 4yo and the minute he hears the blender, he is right behind me.... LOL

I have bought some crushed ice cube bags that I am going to try out for when I go back to Uni as I am not too keen on the shakes without ice and I will only have the shaker at Uni..... Finger crossed I will be at goal by then tho!!

I add two tablet sweeteners to the shakes, I just like them with water & crushed ice?
I only add chilli flakes to the soup, as black pepper is a berry?

Will have to try my stick blender again, I did try it but it didn't work, was going to get a blender thing a big one and try that

I only have the chocolate shake and i use 300ml of ice cold water :drool:

LouLou,

I made the latte last night. I had a peanut flapjack that I split in 2, then made a coffee, added half a vanilla sachet and voila, latte and cake............ well thats what I told myself anyway!!! Ha ha ha ha

LOL! I split my flapjack too, and have it with big mugs of black tea- tea & a choccie biccie (in my head anyway!)

I only have choc and strawberry and make them up with 300mls of cold water.

Can you use 300 mils? on my bag it says 240 mils ?

You can use whatever amount you want- it's a personal preference. I use less water (I find it 'dilutes' the taste?) but make it with crushed ice to make up the volume? I make sure I drink enough 'extra' water to make up the difference though?

I make the choc shake up with hot water add a couple of sweetners and its a lovely soothing hot choc:D

am just boring and have the choc and strawberry as they are lol keep it simple

Just tried the soup with chilli, it was lovely, really ill with a throat infection and it has made me feel loads better and spiced up my LT life lol :D

Has anyone ever made the shakes with sparkling water ? Would that be yuck

mmmm they shouldnt curdle as its only carbonated water. Not sure what they will taste like! Let us know if you try!!!

I tried the choc shake hot and it was a mission to drink it.... urghhhh.

I put paprika or chilli powder in the soups too. For the amount of pepper that would be added I probably wouldnt worry about it but thats me! I hadnt had a soup for almost 2 weeks and got some on Monday, have to say they tasted better than I remembered but choc shake with ice is my fav!

Hey there,

I just had a coffee vanilla shake... and was very pleasantly surprised!

Vanilla shake pack, teaspoon of coffee (or to taste), loads of ice and whizz.

Reminded me a little of butterscotch angel delight..... took me right back to my childhood, my Dad (RIP) and I were the only ones to like butterscotch.... Nice memory!!!

Back