Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

How do you stay on track?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Say, 28 July 2011 Social URL.

1. Say

Say Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    What are the best methods that you have found as a Slimming World Member (Be it official or doing it from home) to stay on track and keep your days as near to 100% as possible!

I'm all ears ladies and gents!

I personally need to write everything down. If something doesn't get written down then I act like it never even happened! So everything gets on that paper!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. dreamslim

dreamslim Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st8.0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st8.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Mine is a bit of a weird one, I have to kid myself that yesterday wasn't as bad as I thought it was, although I keep note of all my syns I'll sometimes have to think 'well maybe it wasn't really 25' or I will beat myself up and fall into old habits. Haha.

4. Little Miss Determined

Little Miss Determined Skinny here I come!!

Start Weight:
    11st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    I'm a syn saver so i have a day off so to speak once a week and that works for me as i rarely reach 70 syns. This is good support if your feeling like going off track!! Writing things down is a good one i do that as well!

Remember sometimes we all go off track a little but it doesn't mean we've failed ... just jump back on the band wagon

5. Hannahkw1

Hannahkw1 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st3.5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(16.39%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    It only works for me when I am focused on it. I need to make it number one priority otherwise my emotional eating gets in the way. For example I am moving house, but I have to make sure throughout the move I concentrate and plan my meals still otherwise I will be off track.

I like to know exactly what I am eating for the week, but that hasn't managed to happen currently!

Also writing it all down and making myself accountable to people on here :D

6. Mrs V

Mrs V Loves Life!

Start Weight:
    21st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    9st2lb(42.52%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I write it all down too. I plan my weeks meals before I go shopping and I try out new things so I don't get bored. I also think back to my really heavy days and think to myself do I want to go back to being that size? Well if I continue eating rubbish, then I gain weight too easily.

7. Lilyb

Lilyb Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st0.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10.5lb(14.54%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Writing it all down and plan plan plan. I plan out the weeks meals and which days will be EE, Green or Red and make sure that I have suitable snacks and meals for all of them. I also try and keep things like alpen lights/fruit in my bag so I'm not caught short when I'm out and about.

Most importantly I plan in treats too so I don't feel deprived, whether it's a glass of wine or a curly wurly or even sometimes a takeaway.

8. Annya

Annya Slimming tortoise :o)

Start Weight:
    13st8.0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st12.4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9.6lb(5.05%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting
    I keep a diary, come here and moan or chuckle, and even have a blog that I add to from time to time.

Like many others, I have to keep a diary to keep me on track. I have one on here that people can look at and comment on (I am a home slimmer) and also one on my PC which I can print out and take with me if I'm off for the weekend or anything.

9. katty

katty Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st6lb
    Current Weight:
    14st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    i have a little note pad in the kitchen just to jot down what i am having as i am forgetful. also a bit of uplifting exercise helps me to keep healthy eating too. and making sure i have a good stock of fruit too, stops me using my syns unnecessarily.

10. Say

Say Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thank you ladies! I'm armed with some awesome ideas to help keep me on plan! :D

11. BrightonMark

BrightonMark Trying... Really Trying.

Start Weight:
    16st10lb
    Current Weight:
    15st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(5.56%)
    Diet:
    Atkins!
    This is an odd idea on how to stay 100% but I have one meal, where I am 100% off plan. I take the OH out and we go for dinner, and I have three courses if I feel like it, with lashings of booze if the mood takes, and I dont count or think about a single syn of it. That way whenever I feel the need to cheat then I just think about the yummy weekend meal ahead and I dont. I also dont syn in the week if I can help it so I guess you could say I am synning weekly and having a blow out. But I know that the one blow out meal will do me for the week and then am a little angel... or try to be. I have lost about 21lbs doing this so it seems to be working... =D

12. ermintrude

ermintrude Gold Member

Start Weight:
    27st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st7.5lb
    Lost(%):
    10st5.5lb(37.65%)
    Diet:
    SW
    I write down every single thing I eat so Im not kidding myself when I do go over. I plan my meals a week ahead and get all the shopping in so I dont have to resort to last minute desperate attempts to make something appetising and thus end up eating [email protected] And I also let myself do what I like on Saturdays, and like BrightonMark says if I really fancy something bad I can think about how nice it will be to have it at the w/e and look forward to it. Im currently looking foreward to a lovely curry with poppadoms, dips, wine, the works, tomorrow :)

Oh and I dont keep any - *ANY* - junk in the house so I cant be tempted. Cos Im such a lazy arse I just will not bother walking to the end of the road to get some of whatever it is :rolleyes:

13. Latte

Latte Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st10lb
    Current Weight:
    10st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st11lb
    Lost(%):
    1st13lb(15.17%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I write everything down as soon as I have eaten so I don't forget.
    I don't know how people can be syn free. I really wish I could as I always used to have a treat meal on wlr or ww and we eat out or have take away once or twice a week.
    Only in my third week so still loads to learn.

14. kettlechip

kettlechip Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st2lb
    Current Weight:
    9st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st6lb
    Lost(%):
    2st12lb(23.53%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I used to write everything down but now I can trust myself and just write down syns, HOWEVER I would highly write down everything you eat, it really is a lot easier to see where you are going wrong and not kid yourself!

Plus if you do have syns (talking about mostly choc/crisps) I buy a single one just for that day, not a multipack (although cheaper) so I keep motivation not to go over - also there is only a single choc/crisp for that day so theres no chance of binging xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.