How do you stop yourself from comfort eating?

FFab

Over the last several months nothing has gone right for me and my partner and today we have had another kick in the teeth

So feeling very low and angry which makes me either feel like I want to drink loads ( which I can't drink cause I'm on medication) or eat sooooo many naughty, greasy, fatty, gooey things to meke me feel better

The worst bit is I'm alone in the house so its hard to distract myself but I just want to eat to feel good

I don't know what to do

{{{{Ffab}}}}

How are you doing today?

How did yesterday turn out?

I haven't got wise words but I've got listening ears and psoitive vibes to give you.

Judith & Pickle

i read the other day that ...
... If hunger is the problem then food is the solution!
But food cannot solve anything but hunger

BUT boy does it help make things feel better for a few minutes! unfortunately a few minutes of joy is followed by a few hours / days of misery!

sorry this doesn't help with motivation but if you just think about why you are eating things and just WRITE it down e.g. i am eating bcos i am pissed off with xyz or because xyz just happened, you will start to see patterns and begin to allow yourself to 'feel' things and start to work out another way to solve what you are feeling maybe?

I'm sorry your struggling I'm a very bad stress eater and I find the only way I can avoid it is to keep busy. Try going for a walk or I clean a lot. I'm sorry if this is no help but wanted you to know your not alone

Back