How do you treat yourself?

hanmac

Getting her sparkle back
Felt like starting a new thread!

So, the question is, how do you treat yourself?
If you're like me, before LL I would usually treat myself with food (sorry the dreaded f word!)
But now i've found myself buying lots of magazines, my nails have never looked so good and i've got into a lot of TV shows I wouldn't have watched previously.

What do you do to treat yourself/pass time?

bought some new necklaces in the sale today - i am steering clear of clothing and food treats so far but i feel a handbag and show addiction starting!!!!

Shoes shoes and more shoes, always was and I suppose it always will be. I love high heels although before starting this I'd stopped wearing them so much - felt like an elephant on pins! Getting back into them now and really enjoying wearing them (I have lots of pairs)

Yes, shoes and handbags for me too! I have also stared a new addiction to coconut body butter, I slather it on in the evenings and can't stop sniffing and stroking myself! I never looked after my skin before LL.

Shoes shoes and more shoes, always was and I suppose it always will be. I love high heels although before starting this I'd stopped wearing them so much - felt like an elephant on pins! Getting back into them now and really enjoying wearing them (I have lots of pairs)

I felt exactly the same, always thought I looked like an elephant! I always avoided wearing heels and can't wait to start wearing them again!

I'm addicted to palmers cocoa butter...firstly because I love the smell, and secondly as it's said to 'tone' skin, and I need all the help I can get! :D

sadly I do not have the money just now to treat myself with gifts....so Its walks/cycles and me time and I do it daily.

I am afraid going for a meal is still my reward in my head as it is cheap (relitively), social, and different. I will have to try and change that

I have to agree with most of you, it has to be shoes!!!!
Would love to get a pair of Jimmy Choo's when I get to target.
At 4 stone loss I got my first tattoo and want to get another at target (stars and each one representing a stone I have lost!)

I treat myslelf to skin care stuff. I always looked after my face but never my body, so now I am really enjoying buying lovely body oils and I love doing my nails too!
Makes me feel nice just thinking about it!

what can men do to treat themselves (no filth please)......really have no interest in shoes or clothes or hair or body or face care.

Games/dvds/football/rugby are the only things I can think of but can not afford to pay for any of these things just now.

What about.....your favourite TV programme, completely uninterupted?
Or....get your O/H to give you a massage?
Go for one of those professional shaves from a tradtional barber?
Lay in the garden instead of cut the grass?
Take the morning off work and lay in bed all morning?

It's difficult finding something for blokes to do! Have you thought about asking your LLC see what they suggest?

It is alot harder for men isn't it!
Ummm...do you have a favourite magazine? Take time to read it, in the sunshine maybe? Or in the bath? ( sounds silly but I love reading in the bath!)

What
Take the morning off work and lay in bed all morning?

We have a winner.

I will take a day off for each stone that I loose from now on in.

that is an excellent idea.

Last year I only took 8 days holiday and they were Easter, Christmas and New Year.

That is what I am going to do. My lne manager has been trying to get me to take some leave...I will now.

Thank you linds

That's a fabulous idea! My line manager was in total shock when I told him I was using annual leave to ensure I could attend my LL sessions on Sunday evenings (I work shifts so sometimes have to work weekends) I was very annoyed to have to work last Sunday (thanks to England crashing out of the World Cup we all had our Rest Days cancelled) and missed class :( don't want that happening again!

For me its def moisturising. Before LL a jar would have sat on the shelf gathering dust as i was too ashamed off what I had become. Why would I want to pamper myself when I was just a big mess and not worth it. Now I moisturise every morning and every night from the top of my head to the tips of my toes and I feel great. Costing a fortune on moisturiser though as a tub is now only lasting me a few weeks.

Oh Hanmac I swear by Palmers Cocoa Butter! Through all my yo-yo dieting through the years its kept me stretch mark free :) I also now use baby oil gel (less drippy) after my shower - not that I'm obsessed with keeping my skin wrinkle free or anything!!

I've found my treat and also a good way to mark weight loss - a charm for my Sweetie Bracelet!

My brother's fiance bought me a bracelet with a cat charm for Xmas last year and because it felt tight I rarely wore it. Now its a bit more comfortable to wear I'm going to Links of London tomorrow to buy myself a new charm representing my stone weight loss :)

I've found my treat and also a good way to mark weight loss - a charm for my Sweetie Bracelet!

My brother's fiance bought me a bracelet with a cat charm for Xmas last year and because it felt tight I rarely wore it. Now its a bit more comfortable to wear I'm going to Links of London tomorrow to buy myself a new charm representing my stone weight loss :)

That's such a great idea! I love moisturising but guess it only lasts a day, whereas charms will last a lifetime!
And it'll be a constant reminder of how well you're doing :)

Am thinking of treating myself to a haircut and highlights, now i've reached 2 stones lost. Before I never changed my hair as it was the one thing I felt comfortable with and that I had 'control over', (as my weight was so out of control!) but I used to have highlights all the time, so might treat myself again :)

Hannah, I have decided to go get a hair cut and highlights. Having it done on Friday, as my treat fro being completely 100% for a month. Can't wait.

Back