How do you work out points in certain circumstances?

Buttons

Today I went to my MILs for dinner.

For my lunch, I was good. Only 1 yorkshire pud, 1 slice of meat etc.

Then dessert came around!

Now I havent told the in-laws I am on a diet as I dont want to draw attention to the fact and feel any pressure etc.

Now, back to my dessert! I only had a teeny-ish portion of sticky toffee pudding and custard. How should I point this? It wasnt a big portion.

What do you do in situations like these? over point, or under point & hope for the best?

I dont like eating out when I cant calculate what I am eating! Grrrr :banghead:

Hi Buttons

Have you got WW Shopping Guide and/or Eating out guides?

The shopping guide is great for things like that. You can usually find either the thing youve had or one very similar and gauge it like that. Ive found that the easiest way in the past. For instance a portion of Sainsburys sticky toffee pudding is 6 points :)

Eating out as you know doesnt mean you have to go off your diet, or write the day off. Most means are possible to work out whether theyre at someones house or at a restaurant.

Thats one of the advantages of WW, you can have a 'normal' social life and NOT go off your diet :)

Writing off a day can and very probably will make all the difference between losing weight that week and not. Believe me Ive been there, done that and regretted it. I dont see the point in writing a day off when you dont have to.

Since I started WW Ive had my nieces birthday, my other nieces christening, a night away in a 4 star hotel, several meals out... Ive managed to incorporate them all into my diet, I did go a bit over at the 4 star hotel but then counting was very hard... however the rest of that week I saved points. Despite all those and other nights out Ive still lost over 2 stones in a couple of months.

For this or any diet to succeed you need to stick at it - every day

Fair enough Bethany I think itll be up to Buttons now to decide what to do with her meal out today. Its a personal choice I just know that sticking to it has helped me lose almost 2.5 stones in a couple of months.

As I said Im not saying you shouldnt write off days but IMO it should only be a last resort with the help of calculators and books you can work out points for most things.

I guess it just depends how badly you want to lose the weight at the end of the day

Back